I am in my earlly fifties and have developed a large bloated stomach, I have been diagnosed has having a collapsed stomach wall.
The waiting list for surgery is long and very expensive if I go private.
Has anyone had this surgery and how successful/unsuccessful was it ?
What is the success rate?
I have been quoted £6000+ for the operation, is this average for this surgery?
Does anyone know of or has undertaken any successful alternative remedy to surgery?

I would be extremely grateful for any feedback.

Hello maria, 
The only time when I heard of anything similar to stomach wall being collapsed is when my uncle was struggling with his hernia surgeries. In his case, the doctors said that because the abdominal muscles weakened his abdominal wall was no longer able to support the intestines and I’m fairly sure that that is what your doctor meant by collapsed stomach. But I wouldn’t hesitate to ask for more detailed explanation on what they exactly meant and what will surgery do to improve your condition.

When the abdominal muscles are weak, the surgery to repair them (usually they use some kind of bio-mash to help muscles to strengthen around it) is outpatient one which means that you only stay in hospital overnight, but that can vary, depending of the amount of repair they had to do.
After the surgery, you will be told to avoid most activities and most important at all:  lifting heavy objects..

I had a collasped stomach. It was blocking my small intestines. The doctor did surgery and rerouted the intestimes. Im doing great. Gaining my weight back.

Just s week of no lifting. Wrnt from120lbsto 82 lbs before they got the right diagoniseBzBIHGER
.

Thats right.told me i had gasttritis. Talked him into doing a ct can., found it right away th ank GOD!!

I also had a collapsed stomach. The doctor did not have an answer as to why my stomach collapsed. I eat extremely healthy and lift weights. But, I had massive GI problems in my 40s and could have had this issue from that GI surgery 14 years ago. Going on 4 months since stomach surgery and still trying to heal. Good luck with your issue.

Did your stomach collapse causing what looked like a crease?

Curious as to how this gets diagnosed on a CT scan...my mom appears to be having this problem which has gotten very severe over last 12 months. Started not long after she had a tummy tuck in Nov 2016 followed by a bad fall a few weeks later. Plastic surgeon claims no responsibility. Anyway, every time she has a CT scan or MRI it comes back fine because when she lays flat on her back all organs, etc, go back into place. She has to spend the majority of every day in bed because that is only way to get any relief. She has lost over 50 pounds in 12 months and is no longer able to use bathroom like a normal person. What are they looking for on a CT scan or MRI that can diagnose this?? She is so desperate...