I'm interrested in the side f/x of using seroquil and the use of marijuana/alcohol. I'm ingaged to a guy who was prescribed seroquil for a sleep disorder. He was in a serious car accident and in a coma for 17 days, took a pretty hard hit to the head and has/had minor brain damage. He forgot things before but it seems that sence he has been on seroquil his memory has gotten worse. He smokes marijuana and drinks on occation which seems to make his memory loss more frequent, attention span sometimes no longer than 15 min. Is this normal? Has any studies been done as to the interaction of seroquil and other medication? He is also on Effexor, 150 ml. Seroquil, 175 ml., I think thats right. Sorry I have no more info than that, just concerned about his well being.

Thanx,
cj

If your boyfriend takes Seroquil and drinks alcohol, you should be aware that this is not the good combination at all! Since seroquil is a medication with both anti-depressant and anti-psychotic properties, whenever he combine alcohol with it he is heading for trouble. Even one glass of alcohol is enough to impair short term memory and can even cause the loss of consciousness, and even coma can occur. But there are far worse cases considering mixing alcohol with Seroquil. If its combined with a greater amount of alcohol, it could lead to brain damage or even death. Your boyfriend should immediately talk to his psychiatrist, or just any med, and he has to decide if he will be taking the medication or will be drinking alcohol! He must not play games with ti!!
In addition, there is the marijuana he is smoking as well, this is also working on a memory loss, you see, your bf is really on a good way to destroy himself, you have to do something about it, try to explain him the possible consequences and make him stop drinking and smoking pot!

I've been on Seroquel for a year and i still drink occasionally. It seems that Tim has his own agenda and all he wants to preach is quit drinking and quit smoking pot. A little alcohol while on seroquel is OK and will not cause you to go into a coma or cause death. MODERATION is the key. (I am also on Lithium and Wellbutrin and a little booze hasn't killed me)

smoking weed with seroquil has nothing to do with memory loss. there is a study about medical cannabis and how it doesn't make you lose your memory. medical cannabis is use to treat the symptoms of cancer hiv sclerosis and more.

First Seroquil IS what is making him foggy!!! Its NOT FOR SLEEP!!! iT WILL DO HIM MORE HARM!! i HOPE HE IS BETTER AND NOT ON THIS JUNK!!!

I AGREE!!!!! I speak from experience!!! I was a "it won't do it to me ...if I am careful... NO!!!! YOU CAN ACTUALLY BLACK OUT AND NOT KNOW IT UNTIL YOU END UP SOMEWHERE... NAMELY THE HOSPITAL!!!