Users comments and reviews on article Are You "Skinny Fat"? by akessler

I agree. Body fat composition is a far better parameter to measure physical fitness than body weight.

well i am just like that i eat what i want and im skinny with a little pooch at the bottom of my stomach that wont go away but i do exercise everyday am i still at a higher risk for the internal fat?

Yes. A lot depends on what kind of exercise that you do, and how long and how often you perform those exercises. Your exercise routine may not have been intense enough to cause the little pooch to disappear. Hereditary factors also play a part. Some people are just more prone to having abdominal fat. If your kidneys are in good health, putting yourself on a high protein, low glycemic, and high fiber diet will help get rid of your abdominal fat.

well i lift weights and run normaly for an hour a daybut i dont eat all that healthy but Im gonna try the diet you suggested and see if it helps, thanks for the advice

Hi there, I'm a bit of a health and fitness nut myself, and I'd like to hear how the change in diet went for you. Did you find that lifting weights and running went better for you? Let me know how you're doing! THanks :)

finally an article that says what my doctors have been saying for years.. even if you're overweight it's healthier to maintain a weight for years than to constantly gain/lose/fluctuate! Another big sign of health is the figure. An "apple" figure (round on top with stick legs) is very unhealthy while a "pear" or hourglass figure implies good muscle tone.