Users comments and reviews on article Hemorrhoidectomy: Preparation and Recovery by SirGan

my husband had a Hemorrhoidectomy yesterday. he is in alot of pain and discomfort.the doctor he had sent him home with nothing.he told him to take metamucil twice a day and milk of mag if he had no bm within two days. he said to keep the area clean and dry. he is taking ibuprophen otc
for the pain and the metamucil and still has had no bm. he ask me what he could do about the itching and burning sensation i told him i didn't realy know but i would find out. does anyone know what he can do for that. can he use preperation H or is there something else. his doctor is no help at all. i am considering taking him some where else. i hope somewone can help me help him.

your doctor sent him home on ibuprophen? Wow, yeah new doc is needed. Was it just inner hemroids then? Im having problems with itching to, i tried to put like vagisil on it because thats for itching and it made it itch worse. Sometimes ice works for me, he can try that. there is this ointment i forgot the name, its a common one that we use for cuts and burns. Can try that.

Do you happen to recall what the name of the ointment is? My friend is still sort of recovering from hemmorhoid surgery and he's talking about uncomfortableness while he's passing. What do you think it's called?

my husband had hamerroidectomy 5 weeks ago, still in great pain, taking ibuprofen, paracetamol, codrydamol but no relief from pain. Also suing Instillagel (local gel anaesthetic) but no improvement. How long should this go on? His doctor said this was "normal" as it is a sensitive area and recovery will be slow. Help

I was hospitalized in July for a severe attack of diverticuli.I was trested for 14 days with anti-biotics.I have been diagnosed years ago with IBS.Right now my bowels r giving me real problems.My movements last week were a greenish blue color.Now I have what I assume is hemrroids because I have a large lump on my rectum.R these colors normal and does it sound like hemrroids.Thank You