I had hemorrhoidectomy done 4/8/15. Its 4/17 today, and the pain does seem to be subsiding. My advice to anyone planning to have this procedure done, is to FIRST talk to your doctor about pain management and some things you may need post op.  SECOND do all the research you can about Hemorrhoidectomy. DO NOT EXPECT YOUR DR TO INFORM YOU MUCH ABOUT THIS! I had to take a trip to the ER around 2 a.m. after the anesthesia wore off. I couldnt sit, didnt want to stand, could not get comfortable and nothing seemed to help. At the ER, they gave me a shot of dilaudid, and a shot of fenergan to help with the naseau. It relieved some of the pain but definately not all of it. I am eating solid foods, drinking metamucil, and taking 2 stool softeners a day. BM's are still pretty painful but not near as bad as week 1. I went for my first weeks checkup yesterday, and Dr. says i seem to be healing up pretty well by taking a look at my bottom. However I still feel like my insides are being ripped out when having a BM and I dread even the thought of having one. I make sure I have a tub full of warm water and epsom salt when I do have a BM, that way I can jump right in there and clean off while easing the pain as well. Lidocaine does help after a BM by numbing the external anus somewhat, and I recommend you ask your Dr. for a rx for this before having your surgery, so you can have it at hand. I was rx'd percocet every 6 hours for pain, but eneded up taking it every 4 hours with an iburofen 800mg. Taking an ibuprofen helped "kick in" the percocet, which helped me tremendously. I hope in a couple of weeks I can say that I am grateful I had this procedure done. The first week I was definately regretting having this done. I have also had some problems sleeping because my legs seem to be very restless. Has anyone else had to deal with this problem? I have done alot of praying, and couldn't get through this without my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

This site is such a blessing, and my prayers go out to all of you who have had this hemorrhoidectomy procedure. I do not seem so alone now because of everyone on here telling about their recovery... Best of luck to all with your recovery, and I sure hope this post helps!