Users comments and reviews on article Consequences of over-masturbation by TaniaT

I get a kick out of every article that preaches not to over do anything. Pointing out what you may or may not experience from over anything is interesting, but hardly new.

This article claims that ejaculation should occur 2-3 times a week. I have read that prostate cancer risk is diminished by regular ejaculation - as often as once a day. Can anyone confirm or clarify this claim?

BorisP, Your explanations are the dumbest I have ever read. I want to thank you for taking away five minutes I can never have back. To whoever reads Boris' post, don't waste your time.

I have posted a request for help to reduce my masturbation that is taking 3 to 4 hours a day. It was headed Chronic Masturbation. Over masturbation has not reduced my libido. I have masturbated on average throughout my life about 4 times a week but since others and me felt my penis was too small, I took pills that increased its girth and length considerably - in fact by about 3 inches. What I didn't realise is that it has totally changed the sexual feeling I get from penis. This is nice in a way but as I have asked under the title of "Chronic Masturbation" how can I get back to 4 times a week rather than 4 times a day, which is about what I'm doing at the moment? I just can't afford the time - 3 to 4 hours a day is impinging on my life - but it is so enjoyable that it has become an absolute obsession. I can masturbate easily for two hours or more at a time in complete ecstasy before ejaculating. I have a good open foreskin which means that it hardly ever gets sore. In fact it staggered me to think that on average I am pumping around 25,000 times a day when you work it out. At an average of say 100 strokes a minute x 60 mins/hr x 4hrs/day), which is equal to say 150,000 a week assuming I have one day off not masturbating. That's insane when you work it out. How can I get this under control? I'm in an absolute fix because I so enjoy it but it is taking over my life. Please give me any advice you can. Thanks. ?

My suggestion follows. This sounds like a psychological issuance, or something that comes out of your mind. In some cases, self-control just can't cut it. Believe me, I have tried on my own power. For things in life, especially ones like this, where you need more strength than you currently have, I recommend calling on the power and strength that comes from Christ Jesus. His is the only power that has the power to change you from the inside out, whether you realize it or feel it or not. Pray to God, read the Holy Bible, and ask a trusted minister for help in prayer. If you feel shy, call a Christian organization on the phone and ask for a pastor to pray with about a personal issue. This is my opinion of your best bet, and best solution. Operating under your own power, will fail, and you can revert back to your old ways and patterns and behaviours in just a few moments. However, the CHANGE that comes from God will last the rest of your life. I'll say a prayer for you along these lines. Amen. Please believe for it, and pray, read, and get some Godly helping hand.

-Ambiguous User

There was a long and lengthy post by BorisP that claimed to refute many of TaniaT's points.

However, upon reading through the posting, most (not all) the arguments were "I can't prove it in this internet posting, but I have evidence." After the fourth such claim, I chose to delete the posting. It offered no concrete evidence, and the posting also offered a shocking description of a public sex act as evidence of insanity. It was determined that this was in violation of the policies of this board.

I do want to address one incorrect statement BorisP made. He claimed that penis rings were worn by people who had over-indulged in sex, and needed a penis ring to keep it up. He completely ignored that fact that penis rings have other purposes and are prescribed by doctors for treatment of a wide variety of conditions, none of which he bothered to identify or acknowledge. He may have been right about ONE application, but to conclude that ALL people who use the device is judgemental and incorrect.

I believe this is a relatively new claim.

Though I haven't read the research behind this, I expect that it's about right.

http://menshealth.about.com/cs/prostatehealth/a/ejaculate_ptate.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ejaculation (under "Volume")

Perhaps another moderator with more research will weigh in here...

i masterbate about 6 to 12x a day i love it! :D mind you, i do not engage in any kind of sexual contact sometimes with anybody because i'm very picky. So i'd rather do it myself. ;] i love my vagina! =] but, i don't think it affects me psychology.. i'm just a nympho :] :D

the author is a woman. She doesn'tknow hat shee's talking about. It is normal for male to m at least several times a day

i do feel a sort of spasm in my testes any time i over masurbate. this has occured for about two occassions. can it affect my potency? i mean would i still be able to impregnate? i'm not married yet ...

I have been masturbating several times a day before my marriage spending up to two hours. Now I am happily married, sex three times masturbation twice a week. My wife at home with our children has also about two or three self induced orgasms a week.
We have no problems and are very content with our love life.

I have gotten a severe case of premature ejaculation from over masturbating and would like it if someone would tell me what i could do to cure it. and by the way im 14

i ejaculate like 3-4 times a day i try to stop but i cant wat should i do..............it feels so good too im 17

"2-3 times a week is more for conserving sexual energy which can be converted into other energy"

Ions and Auras and Unicorns and Pixies.