Users comments and reviews on article LSD effects on body and mind by TaniaT

There was one major problem that I found in this article about LSD. The problem was with the statements about flashbacks. "Flashback is one of post-effects of LSD abuse." This is a commonly accepted statement, however, generally, "flashbacks" occur from taking lsd which can be true. Flashbacks, however, generally occure only from "bad trips", which some users report being as the most terrifying 8 hours of their life. Many users who have had bad trips have also reported never having flashbacks.
Studies have been done, and even people who have used lsd weekly for two years did not have any flashbacks. Although people may have flashbacks, it does not come from LSD abuse, and depends more on mental stability of the user than the amount of LSD they are using.

EDIT** - I figured I should let you know of a site which is trying to change how the world looks on psychoactive drugs from facts instead of biased opinion on whether or not its good for you. It doesnt tell you not to do the drug, but it does not say it is a smart idea either. It gives facts, studies, and experiences from users; along with doses, effects, law, and basics about drugs.
This site has everything from plants to chemicals to smartdrugs and pharmasuticals.

**edited by moderator ** web addresses not allowed **

This article is poorly informed (and written). In particular the comments regarding LSD tolerance, addiction are misinformed and do not reflect the research literature. The reference to LSD users peeling their skin or believing they can fly is mythical and clearly demonstrates this author has no significant awareness of the literature on LSD and is happy to rely on their own beliefs about the drug.

I am quite disappointed with this article, like the other comments have said, it was clearly written by someone who was poorly informed about the drug. I am amused with the idea that 20 to 30 micrograms is only a proper dosage for only a "healthy" adult, and even more pleased with the idea that this dose would KILL a child of 10 years or younger. In case you did not know, which obviously you did not, there have only been a few possible recorded overdoses from LSD use, and because LSD is essentially nontoxic, a lethal dose would be over a thousand times of that described in the article. Also, addictive is rarely a word paired with LSD. Even though tolerance does build rapidly, it completely diminishes in a few days; and because LSD users rarely trip on a day to day basis, the need to use higher doses to achieve similar effects is outrageous. And even if one were to take LSD everyday, this is not a so called "very dangerous practice" because, like i mentioned earlier in my rant, LSD is practically nontoxic.

thanks for listening. Hopefully next time you will at least wikipedia a topic before posting it online.

lsd sucks

I did lsd one time about ten years ago. Had a really bad trip, some of it stayed with me. Really intense contionuous physical feelings and sensations, which I hate and makes me llok sketchy, and a vision similar to looking through an old tv screen. What can I do about this, its destroying my life?

hi good article...

ya after over 1000 hits of lsd and 500 of mdma
I'am a successful director of IT making $120000
a year. smart ass!! aaaaaaa bad trip man lol
wow that's life I guess i got it right brain damage fgdrgdfgfd puple tasetes yellow my kids are
mutents

as someone who's experimented with LSD before, this article is poorly written. I'm a musician and it might sound clichè, but LSD is something that opens your "third eye". like all of the great artists of the 60s and 70s that did LSD, it has helped me create music that I've never thought I can create before. It literally makes you smarter in some ways and needs to be further studied and toyed with.