Hello. I'm 24 year old female and I have some important questions. About three months ago, during some regular gynecological examination, I was diagnosed with some possible precancerous condition called cervical dysplasia.
So my gynecologist recommended me some procedure called leep or Loop Electrosurgical Excision Procedure.
I'm still thinking about it and I don’t know what to do about it. I know that this operation is needed, but I'm still young and maybe I would like to have a child and that could be impossible. My gynecologist told me that conceiving is possible after leep procedure but I have heard some other stuff about it. Any information?

Hello. I know some facts about this because I had a leep procedure done about five years ago. When I had the operation I was 35 years old and I didn’t plan to have any more kids.
But, anyway, I asked my doctor about it and he told me that a woman may develop an incompetent cervix following this procedure.
Do you know what does this mean? It means that woman’s cervix is weakened and she may have problems conceiving or carrying a baby full-term. I know that the fact you will not have any kids in your life could sound devastating but loosing a child could be even more devastating.
Some women plan an after leep pregnancy, but, as my gynecologist said-pregnancy is not recommended.

I have also just had a leep and my doctor and i also talked about pregnancy after a leep my doc never said anything about pregnancy being unrecomended after a leep or i would not have done it everything i have looked up and everything i have heard from my docter and my mother who is an ob nurse is that a leep and then pregnancy has a very very very low chance of messing with a pregnancy and my mom said that in the delivery room the only thing she sees on people with leep procedures is a very fast labors