Hello. I have a question. I am 31 years old, female, in a stable relationship. 8 months ago I had abnormal pap and had a leep surgery done. I have regular check ups with my gyn and my paps still show some abnormalities, that is why my doctor told me I should have another laser surgery done. I am not afraid of a surgery, but I am afraid I could not get pregnant. Pregnancy is one of the things I want most right now. Is pregnancy after leep surgery possible?

Hello!
Yes, pregnancy after leep surgery is possible, do not worry because of that. I also had several abnormal papsmears. Because of that my gyn told me I should have a leep procedure done. I had it done and had an abnormal pap after having the procedure done. After a few weeks (after a leep done) I had intercourse and got pregnant right away. My gyn told me that it was because my cervix was so ripe after the leep that I was able to get pregnant so quickly. See, do not worry, it will happen!

yes you can have a baby after you have a leep. i had to have it done and about a year later i tried to get pregnant and did. also about the abnormal paps my gyn told me that because i had to have the leep done because of pre cancerous cells in the first place that i would never have a pap come back completely normal again just because some cell would still be there just not the really bad ones.

I had a LEEP when iw as 19 (at that time I was PG, but unfortunately let the father talk me into getting rid of it) there was no concern on the drs part doing the surgery while i was PG... Now I have a beautiful 3 yr old boy. If you arent already doing so start taking Folic Acid. It helps to strengthen the cervical and vaginal area. At 31 I have had two abnormal paps since the LEEP but have not had to have more surgery as of yep.

I had LEEP preformed in June of 2006, and became pregnant 2 weeks later (obviously I didn't listen to the doctor when he said to wait a month to have sex). I knew the doctor told me that you can become pregnant after the surgury, but I have PCOS and have not used protection, or taken the pill for the past 7 years of my relationship... quite frankly, I thought I couldn't get pregnant. Well to my surprise I have recently found out that we are expecting our first child in March of next year and couldn't be more excited.

I had leep done two years ago and am 6 weeks pregnant.
I wanted to let you know I had heard that leep makes your cervix very fertile afterwards. Congrats on your BFP!

I had the LEEP procedure done in APril 2006 and we are now expecting our first child for June 2007. It only took once, we didnt have to try for months and months..

I had cone biopsy, chryo, AND leep going back about 5 years ago and I have had normal pap tests since then - so it IS possible to have normal tests after these procedures.

Has anyone had a LEEP done while they were pregnant? I am 16 weeks now and so far, everything is great! Couldn't have asked for a better pregnancy! :-D I have been reading a lot on the "incompetent cervix" and I'm really , really scared. We just found out we r having a girl and soooo excited!!!! I have already bought baby clothes and we got paint so my hubby can start painting soon. I was just wondering if anyone has any happy stories about having a normal pregnancy after this procedure? A lot of the stories on the internet are soooo sad :'(

Hi! I had a LEEP done in Nov for mod dysplagia and was 3 weeks pregnant at the time. I am 4 mths now and all is wonderful! My hubby ad I just found out we were having a girl! :-D I have been reading on the internet about an "incompetent cervix" and am totally freaked out. My doc said I should b fine cause she only removed a small amount from my cervix but Im still scared. Has anyone had any successful pregnancies after a LEEP? I need some re-assurance! XD

I have the same concerns. I'm not about to turn 30 and have had two leep surgeries. The first when I was 19 and the second at 23. When I was 23 I was irresponsible and got pregnant. I ended up having a miscarriage during my third month of pregnancy. The problem with me is that having had two leep surgeries my cervix is very narrow. The further into pregnancy I get the bigger the baby gets and my cervix can't handle the weight. I have since changed Dr's and now the new one is saying I will have to get my cervix stitched at some point the next time around if my cervix seems like it can't handle the weight or I will have to go on bed rest. I'm feeling hopeful that there are solutions but it's so difficult to find others who have dealt with the same issue. I just went off birth control last month and my husband and I are actively trying to conceive. I'm concerned about having another miscarriage especially now that I'm married and looking forward to having a family with my husband. You should meet with your Dr. and discuss your concerns after having leep. I'm sure after one leep you should be fine as most people experienced. Best wishes!

I would tell you not to worry, I had a LEEP in January 2005, I got pregnant the first time we tried in December 2005. My Dr started checking my cervix frequently in the second trimester and even gave me a test to make sure I wasn't leaking any amniotic fluid, my cervix stayed closed and I never had any problems, I even delivered two days after my due date, it did take me a while to dilate but I went on to deliver naturally. I just found out am pregnant again with my second child it was our first try. So I would not worry about it just make sure you voice your concerns to your Dr it always made me feel better. Good Luck :-D

It depends entirely on how much of your cervix they had to remove during the procedure. I have severe cervical dysplasia and after LEEP my doc said that she didnt get it all and I would need to have a second one. I am trying to get pregnant now because she told me that once I have it done a second times I may not be able to get pregnant.

hi , i am supposed to get the leep done but i am totally scared.
they found abnormal cells while i was preg, and after the baby was born i was supposed to get the leep done, wheni went in for my pre op, they found i was pregnate again. my second child was born and still the cells are abnormal and i have to go in for the leep but im scared!!! can any1 tell me what its like i know i have to be put to sleep. i am deathly afraid of the operating rms cause of my 1st childs birth it was a emerg csec and we almost lost her and i almost didnt make it ( i had a plecnta abrubtion) so ever sence then i dont wana have any operations and the birth of my 2nd child was a bit better exept the fact that i had a terrible neck ace after the spinal for the csec. any advice???

I had an abnormal pap smear and had to get a biopsy, the results came back that I needed to receive treatment and that they usually do the LEEP procedure.
I am kind of scared and anticipating how painful this will be. My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for a year, and would still like to after I have the LEEP procedure. Is it possible that I never got pregnant before because my cervix was abnormal?