I was diagnosed with HPV cin2 and had colposcopy and after that LEEP procedure when they removed abnormal cells (september 06). I went back to do my 3 months check up, and my test results came out positive for abnormal cells again. Doctor told me to wait another 3 months for next check up.
Is there anything I can do to make sure my abnormal cells are decreasing? I quit smoking...but what else can I do (eat, drink) to prevent these cells from growing more?
please help

this is going to sound strange, but i have exactly the same situation!

I had a LEEP done September '06 and today i found out my pap came back abnormal........again. i'm terrified of what my doctor will tell me on Thursday when i go to speak to him about the results and what the next steps will be, another Colposcopy and biopsy may have to be preformed, it was painful enough the first time, i'm really scared. I would like to have kids one day and another LEEP would devestate me.

I was a smoker too, i stopped smoking last July after my first abnormal pap, I have been taking vitamins and supplements on a daily basis to boost my immune system, i starting working out. WHAT ELSE CAN I DO? I haven't even had sex since i found out about the HPV, I'm extrememely depressed.

But i do want to say thank you to you for posting your story, atleast i know i'm not alone.

I am in the same boat. I had a LEEP in may '06 and my 3 month pap came back abnormal (AH!) And i was just told to wait it out for another few months untill a follow up pap and coposcopy. Ofcourse i have thought of nothing else since....my appointment is on feb 19th and I am scared to death. I though LEEP would take care of all of it. I have been on vitamins and trying to excerise and get lots of rest and i have been trying not to stress out...(ha, like that is going to happen). I am so scared right now and I have no one to talk to about this. Any chance I might just go back to normal, or has anyone had 2 LEEPS?

Hi I have the same thing happened to me had a leep in October went in for pap early Feb and doctor just called to tell me my pap is abnormal. I have an appointment in March for another Colpo? Have you heard any news from your doctor?

I am also going through a similar situation. Just found out that my first pap after a Leep came back abnormal. My leep results did show unclear margins, but the doctor thought those cells on the margin would be destroyed when she cauterized the site. Seems that did not happen.

I go back for another colposcopy in June and start this whole process over again.

Is there any hope that I will someday get a normal pap test again?

Next week I am getting my second LEEP within 2 years.
I am scared because if I have another abnormal pap after this I have to have a hysterectomy. I kinda wish I was just having the hysterectomy. I swear worrying is the worst. I'm tired of worrying between every pap. I already have 3 children.

I am a 33 yr old mother of 4...HPV positive (the most dangereous for cancer type) I have had 2 abnormal paps, a colpo and now 2 more abnormal paps, I HATE how they make you wait 6 months in between paps to see if your body will fight it off, I have 4 kids and very stressed as it is! I am petrified that it will turn cancerous and spread! I feel like I have a dull ache in my pelvis and it has totally affected our intimacy, I am paranoid to have sex and bother things up there....HELP!

Hi I had my LEEP done in Sept 08 and everything went fine. Until 3days after I started passing large, then very large blood clots. My cervix did not heal properly and in the ER the docs could not get the bleeding to stop. I was in no health danger, just felt like you would after loosing blood for 6hours. I have since had my check up pap come back abnormal, this can be very typical and no need to over worry yourself! If all you ladies are stressing, that is not going to help the cause! It can be simply because the cervix area has not healed completely and they got a bad swab. I have started taking a women one a day vitamin, along with vitamin E which is vital for a great immune system (which is vital for fighting this nasty stuff off) I also today began working out, and plan to do this at minimum 3 times a week. Vitamin E seems to be the trick known to many OB doc's not only in my KC area but in other area's as well. I wish you all the best of luck, but really this is in someone else's hands. We can do nothing besides hope for the best and expect the worst, and love the children you may have in the mean time. Best of luck to all :-)

I was just wondering if my situation is strange? I have had about 4 abnormal paps now, 2 colpos, and the leep procedure done about 7 months ago. My biopsies have gone from mild dysplasia to severe with carcinoma cin III. However, after my biopsies done during leep showed no dysplasia just cervisitis. I recently had my first pap done after my leep (I waited 6 months, not 3) and it came back abnormal with high grade lesions again. My doctor told me the reason I probably had no dsyplasia during the leep because that it was probably encised with all the biopsies. So now it seems like I'm back to square one with my bad pap results. This is very frustrating and I'm scared. My experience with leep is that it hurt! Afterward, I had a slight discharge for over a month that at times had a rotten smell to it. I'm definitely not looking forward to going through this again, and I'm wondering is this will ever end. I'm only 33 with a 13 yr child.
:-( :-(

I just wanted to let you all know that i an here with you and i also looked all over the internet as this happened to me. i was embarassed and i was scared to talk about it. but now i find that i need to also share my story so others can read about it as well. i had my first abnormal pap in 06 and it came back cin2 then i had a biopsy and it was confirmed hgil (high grade leasion) i had a leep prcedure it was a day procedure at the hospital and i was put asleep. well the doctor said i needed to recheck in 4 months. the doctor said id know if the leep worked because when the pathology returned if the margins were clear that would mean they got it all....ok nervous but def wanna comply i have 4 children a husband or 15 years. so i return. the margins were clear dont worry were gonna do another pap again i had a pap bad again. ok another colpos.. what cin3 your kidding me i said. the doctor explained to me that maybe there was another one or maybe they missed some. so again i had another leep only 6 months since the first. now im freaked thinking im gonna have cancer im gonna die i have no insurance now. what do i do.. anyhow i did not quit smoking and i did not change my diet. i returned now and had another pap and what is this ITS NORMAL..ok now after my ordeal i wasnt real confident so i went to my local health dpartment and got anthor pap this one 4 months after the last normal and it is still normal... there is hope keep patient and listen to your doctor!!! i have heard that women who dont follow through with treatment are the ones who usually make up the largest amount of confirmed cervical cancer....good luck all..

I am riding on the same boat. Got a leep after my last baby which was this past sept. THree months later I had a routine pap and just found out it its abnormal and doctor wants to see me asap. I don't know what to think. I just got divorced, have a three yr old and a six month old baby. My parents lost their battle against cancer last yr...yeah, both of them. Feel devastated and horrified.

Healthy diet, some exercise and VITAMIN A, It has been shown in studies to practically eradicate bad cells. I have been religiously taking it after many abnormal paps, 2 colpo's and 2 cryo's in 13 months. I have now had 2 NORMAL paps in the last 6 months. This whole process is so terrifying but it will be a risk and part of you forever, so continue to research the latest studies. For goodness sake smokers, stop smoking! That's a nobrainer.

It first started with an abnormal pap. I had another and it resulted in the same thing. I went for a biopsey and it came back as mild displacia. I went for a follow up pap and the results were high grade abnormal. Now I have to go back for another biopsey. My doctor suspects it is HPV. I have been having symptoms such as: fatigue, water like dischage, headaches, dizzyness, tingling in hards and feet when i shower and pains in my lower ab region. Im only 23 however there is cancer in my family, infact my mom passed away having colon cancer at 50. What I'm afraid of is that these symtoms are indicating that I already have cancer. I have been going for regular pap tests and have had a blood test in the past six months. Has anyone had similar symptoms?

im 18 and i have had a LEEP done. i was terrified. it hurt, and the doctor told me that being put to sleep was NOT an option. then come to find out it is possible.. i was not pleased. only becuase it hurt so much, and it made me jump, which made the doctor cut the wall of my vagina. i didnt notice til i got home and saw ALL the blood and realized it was not normal. so i rushed back to the hospital where i was put in a wheel chair and told to wait until they found an available room.. i waited about 30 mins. then the doc tried to figure out the problem. that only caused more pain and humiliation.. i have a follow up pap this next week.. and im scared. terrified. because im only young :-(

I am 27, i had my leep done in June, 2010 and last week i came back for my paps smear results and doctor said its abnormal. I had colposcopy done right away. Colposcopy is little bit painfull but i went back to work the same day. I dont know what kind of a doctor did leep without putting you to sleep.??!!!My leep was done in surgical center, i was put to sleep and had no pain what so ever, so change your doctor ASAP.
I am very scared to hear results of the colposcopy, does any one know what are possible outcomes might be if results are bad??? another leep? though my leep was ok, but i really dont want ot do it again , i have just one baby and i want to have more kids, every Leep lessens my chances of having more kids? :-(