I had a LEEP BIOPSY a week ago and about 4 days ago I started having a foul smelling blackish grey discharge. I'm sure that the discharge is normal, but the smell is horrible! The dr. told me on the phone today that it's normal...but I'm still worried.

Hi! You are ok, this is how it goes. I know you feel awful at the moment and that the smell was devastating. My sister had the same problems five months ago.
She had brown discharge and she was freaking out because of that and tissue-like stuff and she was constantly changing pads because of the smell, she thought it would be better that way but it wasn’t.

It took her about three weeks to get rid of the discharge and the smell. She was so relieved because her doc said it may take 4 weeks or more for the discharge to subside/disappear.

She spoke to some other women who also had Leep and they all had the discharge.

However, I heard that it could also be bacterial infection that is causing the smell, so you may ask him/her if that’s one of the options and see if you should take some antibiotics.

I had a leep on nov.4 and had some lite spotting and then just liquid. I got my period on nov 6 and around nov 9 I noticed the smell, it was really bad. It lasted for 4 days,disgusting. Finally the stench went away but I keep getting wet so I wear a pad. My follow up is in nov 25..

Hi, I had the leep procedure done 1 week ago(Sept. 20) and i have not bleed not once (thank u Jesus) nor have i had one cramp but, i have been passing little black pieces, they look like little black dots. OH!!! and it smells like something died inside of me, so i take two showers a day plus i have my handy dandy baby wipes to wipe up, but it still smell. I have my follow up appointment next friday on Oct. 4. but my cycle is schedule to appear on Sept. 30...Will the black spots and smell go away after my cycle goes away?????

I have the same issue with the same timeline. My dr's nurse told me to go to the pharmacy and ask the pharmacist for a medication to help with the smell, like CANESTEN. I'll repost if it solves the problem in a couple days.

I had a LEEP procedure almost a week ago and am now dealing with the same type of discharge and horrible smell. I called my dr's office and spoke to the nurse. She didn't seem overly concerned and suggested I speak to my pharmacist for a medication to help with the smell. Something like Canesten. i will check it out and update here if it helps or eliminates the nasty smell.

Had Leep procedure as well, about 4 days in, grey discharge and foul smell. I change my pads, or liners often, hope it doesn't last 3 weeks

Hi I had it done last Tuesday / been fine all week and today I've had this disgusting smelly dark grey discharge - omg its awful.....glad it's normal but going to see nurse tomorrow just to be sure it's not an infection - thanks.

What happened when you got your period? I'm having the same experience and same timeframe as you once did

Thank God, this is normal,even though I hate the smell, I try to eliminate the smell, by changing pads and liners because every little drop smelled so bad i was also taking a squeeze bottle with warm water and rinsing it well but not squirting the water inside hard since yo can't duchess during this time..I rinsed it more like u have to when u have stitches after a delivery..but this is so embarrassing, I didn't want to be around my kids after hearing one of them saying something smells like a dead rat.I was trying to play it off but I knew it was me..after that I try to stay my distance,,because these are teannagers and a 7yr old. u can hide but so much.but thanks for all everyone posted it has really helped me understand.:-)

I had my LEEP procedure due about a week and a half ago, for the first 2 days nothing! Then come Monday (right as I wake up) this awful smelling black discharge greeted me. I was anticipating this so I've been wearing panty liners everyday. I even called the nurse and she said if wasn't cleared up by 2 weeks to come in. She also told me they had to use a lot of the Monsel solution as I bled a lot during the actual procedure (lucky me) so I have had quite a lot coming out -.- OH and then today while at work I felt kind of weird wetness and went to the bathroom and BOOM bright red blood! I'm thinking now all the solution is out and this is just blood that was backed up that hadn't clotted?! UGH.

No I just hah my cycle and the black discharge and smell are still here. I was told it's normal even though it's very concerning for us to see and smell it. We may need antibiotics my follow up is in 2 days so I'll let the doctor check it out as embarrassing as it is. I had my biopsy al.osteoporosis 3 weeks ago now and the discharge is still there unfortunalty.

Omg totally going through the exact same thing right now. Its so embarrassing and even my two little ones (7 and 2) have both commented that something smells really bad especially after I go to the bathroom. My dr prescribed me meds for bv but so far it's not helping the smell at all!

Ugh literally going through this right now. My dr did prescribe me meds for bv but 3 days on and it's not helping at all so far. In fact it's only lessoned the discharge amount the smell is still horrific and possibly worse and still have the black discharge. I'm going on week two after the procedure.

Did everything go ok on your visit.? I have been through the same exact thing. Its been a week since my Keep procedure and the grey horrible smelling sultuff started yesterday.