Hi. I’m 24 year-old-female and I recently got married. During first year of my marriage my husband and I tried to get me pregnant.
That didn’t happen because a month ago, during my normal and regular gynecologic examination, my gynecologist determined that I have some condition called cervical dysplasia.
He said that this is precancerous condition and that LEEP procedure should be performed immediately.
I’m not afraid of operation but I’m very afraid that I may not be able to have children no more.
That news was devastating for me and to for my husband.
Does anybody know for sure could I get pregnant after my operation?

The question of leep procedure and pregnancy worries many women and I’ll try to help you as much as I can.
Well, I can tell you few things about leep procedure and some facts that will calm you down for sure.
You already said that cervical dysplasia is precancerous condition and LEEP procedure is treatment for such condition.
Gynecologist will first use speculum for spreading of your cervix canal and than he will use one instrument similar to special wire loop to
remove the abnormal area.
The procedure itself is usually painless, although some mild cramping may occur afterward. The whole procedure typically takes about 5 minutes to perform.
After an operation you will have to rest for about two or three weeks. In than period you must avoid sex, use of vaginaletts and tampons.
Main thing is that it will not affect your next possible pregnancy and because of that-you have nothing to worry about.

I just went though the LEEP procedure 3 weeks ago. I asked my doctor a lot about getting pregnant because we were just getting ready to start our family. The doctor said there shouldn't be any problems. The greatest risk is if you get pregnant right away afterward and your cervics hasn't had time to rebuild itself. If that occurs you may not be able to carry the baby to full term-that is rare. the amount of time you should wait will depend on how much tissue they remove. Be sure to ask your doctor how long they would like you to wait before trying to get pregnant. I was very scared, but this is more common than you think. You will be fine, and you will have beautiful healthy babies.

I had a leep procedure done on 07/08/2006, by 07/20/06 I was pregnet. They removed 50% of my cerical tissue. I am now 8 weeks, and everything is fine. They are watching to make sure my cervix is strong enough to hold the baby, but they are saying if not, they will insert a cervical plug to secure the baby. Good luck!

Yes you can. I got pregnant 3 months after I had the operation. I had no pregnancy complications and had my baby on time, not early. Everyone is different though, so don't think I am just like everybody. I had the LEEP done again last week. I don't plan on getting pregnant any time soon, but I will try again someday. I am not worried.

I just read your message, i got also pregnant right away after having a leep operation, but as i read now in the second person who answered you, she said that she had the leep twice, i just did a pepsemear test after 4 month from my first leep and it seems that i have a low grade dysplasia, so i want to ask you, what was your results in order to do the leep the second time, and after how long it came back, also as you know i am now 4 and a half month pregnant and so scared about having the leep done again.

Reem

I recently had my yearly pap and the results came back abnormal. My family dr refferred me to an gyne and I had a copolscopy done and a biopsy. My Dr. said that I have moderate dysplasia and it will require a LEEP. This is my third LEEP in 6 years (the first two were done by my family dr) and my new gyne is concerned about the increased risk of 2nd and 3rd trimester miscarriages due to the damage of cervix. I want to make sure I get treatment but also want to be able to have another child.

:D :D :D I Just wanted to let all of you know that I had a LEEP procedure done and had 2 yes 2 baby's AFTER having had a leep procedure done and NEVER had any complications!!!!!!!!!!
So take a deep breath relax and enjoy your pregnancy if you are pregnant and if you are not and are worried about it relax do what you Doctor says and start trying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I HOPE THIS HELPS!!!

I had a LEEP done on Sept 25, and am now pregnant. My estimated date of conception is Oct 8. So, I got pregnant about 2 weeks after my LEEP!

I had my leep done in nov 08 and was pregnant at the end of dec 08 then at 6 weeks i miscarried. My doctor said she recommends women waiting at least 3 months after leep to try to conceive and this way your cervix should be fully healed

Hi I had the leep done in march 22 2009. i got pregnant the second week in April of 2009...my suggestion is to wait at least 3 months have your cervix heal and get strong. I miscarried at 9 weeks. I honestly did not think i could get pregnant right away and did. I wish i would have waited. But the main thing is yes you can get pregnant, i wish i just would have waited a good 3 months for things to heal properly. So now i will be waiting those 3 months and good luck to you!

actually im going in for my leep tomorow morning and it takes more than five minutes. it takes 20-30 minutes in fact. the colposcopy which is done before the leep to find out if a leep is needed only takes five minutes.

* I wanted to thank everyone so much for all the assurancce. I was soo upset a few HOURS ago from reading other info. I just turned 21 and have been with my fiancee for a long time... IDK what i would do if I couldn't have a baby with him! My doctor didn't say anything bad about this surgery and did NOT say anything about not being able to have or carry kids! I would have told him hes crazy and im not doing it! Thank You guys so much!! *

well i had a leep procedure done in 2004 i came out prego. and was only able to make it to 7 1/2 months. then my next pregnancy i was only able to make it to 5 months and my baby passed. I guess every one is different. just take good care of yourself and the baby

I am a doula in training and I had a Leep done as well. A question came up about scar tissue on the cervix form after having a procedure done on your cervix. I encourage you to research this so you are fully informed and bring it up to your Dr.