Hi everybody. I’ll be having the leep procedure and want to become pregnant again. So, I would like to know if there are risks in pregnancy or any complications in the future? Thank you for your comments and advice.

Hi, I had leep done 6 years ago and, to be honest, I had almost no bleeding or pain afterward. Just two months later I was pregnant. I was too concerned, just as you are now, but I assure you, it doesn’t effect you at all. I had no problems, even delivered two weeks late! My baby is a very healthy one - 4 year old now. Moreover, I had one more baby (she’s 2 years old) and had no problems with that pregnancy either. Hope everything goes just as smoothly for you!

For anyone reading this post, A LEEP can hinder conception. I had a LEEP done in 2001 at the age of 33. A large portion of my cervix was taken off. We started trying to get pregnant in 2003. After 1 year and no pregnancy I asked my OBG to give me a referral to see a RE. I started seeing the RE in August of 2004 they sent me for a hystosalpinogram (sorry spelling) on September 14th 2004. The doctor performing the procedure told me that he could not do the procedure because my cervix was not open enough and the catheter would not go in. Although I do have a regular menstrual period it is partially closed. My RE was called and he reassured me that he could perform a IUI with a smaller catheter. Six days later on September 20th 2004 I had my first IUI and conceived. I gave birth to a 6lb 8oz boy on 6/3/2005 at the age of 37. If you are not getting pregnant after 1 year take charge! Tell your OBGYN that you want a referral (if you need to have one.) God Bless.

I'm so happy for you that you have healthy babies after Leep. Is your leep done by a gyn oncologist or gyn/ob?

I had leep done a few years ago and i was told by my gyn that i can get pregnant...i did get pregnant and lost the baby...she was 5 months old and she was born on March 14, 2008 (recent) i am at home recovering...during this pregnancy i went to a different gyn who told me that i had incompetent cervix and i should place a sutra in and hopefully that will close the cervix...That did not work, my water bag broke after the surgery and they said to hinder any infection i will have to deliver the baby....the other option was to stay in bed until the remaining time for the pregnancy. i personally think that if you have the chance to make it to 7 to 9 months u need to thank god for that...u r extremely lucky...i will be trying in a few more months and by the grace of god it i will be successful.

Based on my experience on March 14, 2008, there's risk.. I lost my 5 months old baby girl due to incompetent cervix, which is caused by LEEP. I will be trying again and some options are either to be bed ridden or have a sutra sewn in to close the opening of your cervix.

Your post has been very useful to me. I just had a baby girl in December, and I have to go for a LEEP at the end of April. I am having such a hard time deciding if I should have the procedure because we want to have another baby. Your post will have the doctor answering more questions for me. Thank you!
Also, I am very sorry for your loss, and I hope that after your healing you will have a healthy baby.

Reading all of your post are mind-blowing. I had a LEEP in 2003 and 2004. My doctor, at that time warned me of the risks that I may run into with trying to get pregnant. I should have listened to him! I didn't think I would change my mind and want to have children just a couple of years later.

Just last year I switched doctors while trying to get pregnant. This new doctor assured me that it would be a piece of cake, all she had to do was put in a stitch at about 14-16 weeks and everything would be ok. I did not make it that far, I miscarried at eight weeks. And, about five months later I was pregnant again, which ended abruptly due to it being an ectopic pregnancy. I am, right now, going through my third miscarriage. It looks like today will be the final visit to my current doctor. I never thought I would have to seek counsel with an infertility doctor, but that may be the route I have to take.

For those of you considering LEEP, you may want to educate yourselves on other options. From all that I have read recently, this is not the way to go. If you are anything like me and do not plan to have have children, there is a good chance you may change your mind in a couple of years. So, don't ruin your body thinking you don't want to get pregnant. You will totally eliminate your chances on ever doing so!

I had my leep done around Oct/Nov 08 and then became pregnant at the beginning of dec 08. I just had my miscarriage today jan 24 09.

I already have a 3 yr old son so I am thinking this complication is due to the leep procedure.
We will be trying to conceive again soon so hopefully i wont have any more problems.

i just had a leep done yesterday and am cramping..i don't have any kids yet but really do want one and heard that after the leep procedure it increases your chances of becoming pregnant because the cancerous cells are removed from your cervix so its easier to conceive..the flip side is i heard it
s easy but you may miscarry or have to deliver earlier than normal..im wondering if that was the case here? my condolences (misspelled!..lol) 2 the baby you lost...im nervous because i REALLY want a baby but not the complications...HELP

My wife and I recently found out that we were pregnant... three days later we had a miscarriage. From our calculations we were about 5 weeks. We had our first child in 2004 and in 2005 she had leep done. We really want to have another baby but are scared to try because we don't want to go through another devastating miscarriage.

I had a LEEP on April 30 & finally stopped bleeding! & i have a question for anyone that can answer it.. I'm on the Depo shot ( Birth-Control) & was wonderin if the LEEP can stop the birth control too stop workn? Thanks!

dear i have a leep 16 months ago and i got pregnant very easily now i am 6 weeks so there won't be any thing wrong

I had leep procedure done in october of 2011.... i became pregnant the next month which was the month my daughter turned 3..... i miscarried in december and my doctor told me it had nothing to do with the procedure that it would have no affects on my fertility at all. Well 8 months later i found out i was pregnant the day my tube burst due to an ectopic pregnancy. I feel it all has something to do with the leep especially after reading some of yalls stories theres to much in common so yes to all women out there if conception is in your future i second guess this procedure..... its a simple fix to the current problem but not worth the pain believe me im stuck in bed now after surgery

I had a keep done in March and got pregnant in early June. My pregnancy did not show up on home tests or blood tests until I was 9 weeks. Shortly after the confirmation I miscarried. Two and a half months later I have missed my period and am getting negative results. I am very concerned. I have two boys and really want to try for a girl. I have never had complications with conceiving or carrying but u think my chances are slim now. :( good luck.