Hello. I'm 25 year old female and I have developed some strange health problems. You see, about month ago, on some regular Pap smear test, my gynecologist discovered that I have some abnormal cells on my cervix and recommended me some conization procedure.
Of course I've had it done immediately and doctor told me that my operation went very well although I really don’t know anything about this operation. The thing is that now, over then a month after my operation, I'm experiencing some problems with my menstruation. I started to suffer from mild cramping, spotting, and dark or black-colored discharge. I have never experienced anything similar and I'm just wondering could this be from the operations and should I be worried over this?

Hello. I'm going to help you providing you some details about this operation that my doctor told me last year. I also had the same operation and I will tell some facts about it.
Conization procedure is a surgical procedure that uses a laser or scalpel to remove a large cone-shaped piece of tissue from the cervix.
For few weeks after operation I was suffering from excessive bleeding and strong cramps in my lower abdomen.
When I mentioned this to my gynecologist he told me that it is quite normal. As with any surgical procedure, complications may occur.
Cramping, spotting, and dark or black-colored discharge are the most common side effects. Take a pain reliever for cramping and avoid tampons, douche and sexual intercourse for some time.

Hello there .. My name is Tea .. I have same problem .. AFter my conization .. I made before 1 year .. I still have problem with my period. Come in regular time but is just dark drop and when i have sex .. there is light blood.
I`m reaaly scared and I was on many doctors . when said everything is ok ..on my exo ..but I dont feel good. My period is not like before .. I have only drops. And also I have pain in my back, still. is cause of the spinal crop .injecti. Did u resolve your problem ? Is everything ok now with u ... Did u get some treatmant .. ? or medicament >

I wish u all the best and if u have some informations, please help me.

**edited by moderator ** e-mails not allowed ** .... write meeeeeeeeeeeee !

hi
ive also had the conization done six months ago after i was told that u had pre-cancerous cells
i did not have any problems after i had my periods like usual exept this month a had some spotting when i wipe and last week a little light brown discharge when i wouls wipe (just for one day)
from what i read on the internet some women get some effects due to the conization... i also read that some women have trouble with periods after. because or the way it heels inside....
good luck

I'm reading all these story's on here that sound just like what I'm going though with the bleed for no reason to after sex. Up to 1 or 2 weeks before my period starts. Some times I think I really started and then it gets lighter. I've had back pain like you can't believe. I feel like I have a bady sitting in my back at times. Whats up with all the discharge between pinkish/brown. Oh ya and the spotting. When does it end and how can I get my body back the way it was before the surgery? Without the cancerus cells of course! I had my surgery don't in Fed. Birth control didn't help just make me sick to my stomach. Dr.'s telling me its all because some women have abnormal bleeding after surgery because of the stress to the body. Do they tell everybody that line......because now I'm stressed out because of all this. I'm 29 with 2 kids somebody please help.

Yes, I went through a LEEP conization. I bleed for 29 days after the LEEP which was indicative of an infection. Also, my periods shortened in length from avg 33 days to every 18 days. After about eleven months the nerve endings woke up and I was in horrific pain with pudendal nerve damage. An infection was discovered and I was on antibiotics for two years. The nerve damage from the LEEP has caused me constant pain, fecal incontenance, and since I was one of the many women who had orgasms when my cervix was bumped, that is no longer a possibility, and the nerve damage caused vulvodynia, painful vulva and inflammation. The bleeding is indicative of an infection and inflammation, which will bleed when the cervix is bumped during sex. I was fortunate to see a GYN, trained in Canada, who knows about women having nerve endings in the cervix, some more than others. Most American GYNs think this is not the case. Also, there nerve endings in the cervix are connected to the brain stem and hypothalmus thus signaling the brain about hormone changes, childbirth, sexual pleasure, etc as determined by neurobiologist which gynecologist do not study in that area. Also, I learned the cervix is the support of the pelvic floor area, the strongest ligament in the body, supporting the uterus, bladder, intestines, and pelvic area. If compromised such as by a LEEP pelvic floor prolapse or uterine prolapse can be a problem. No a LEEP is not a begin procedure and should only be considered as last step, and definately avoid a hysterectomy unless it is to save a life. Dr. Michael Krychman, GYN deals with women's sexual health problems and www.hersfoundations.org provides statistical data on LEEPs and hysterectomies. Unfortunately, most GYNs only have LEEPS and Hysterectomies in thier tool kit which are quick and easy fixes but harm the patient, when doing nothing may be just as effective. Also an alternative medicine is Dr. Tori Hudson who has treated dysplasia holistically with success. Bleeding is always a sign of infection or inflammation. I hope this helps.

Wow,,,I wish I would have read this 2 years ago.....About three abd a half years ago,, I was told that I had pre cancerous cells that needed to be removed before they spread and i was told they could be removed by conization,,,, so I had the surgery,,, and everything was fine except my periods were every 16 days and heavy.....but about 9 months after the surgery I started spotting between periods,, usually about a week after my period !!!! and after sex,,,, or when I'd use the bathroom and wipr there would be blood This freaked me out ,,,, I have never heard of any complications from the procedure before I read this ,,, Im glad you posted it,,, because it sound like what im going thru,,, I have more infection now after sex,,, and I bled more,,,after sex and sometimes for no appearent reason,,, Its just too stressful !!!

I am not a DR. this is just information I have looked on the internet that, we all know can sometimes be wrong or missleading. In any sence always get a 2nd or 3rd opinion when you are scared. Cancer is serious. and you can still have a normal and productive life after a cone or LEEP procedure.

Sheww,, I dont know what is goin on with my body....after I had conization surgery done 41/2 years ago, my periods are so messed up.. at first it was slight,, bleeding between periods or after intercourse!! Then Id spot before my periods about 3 days,,,I had my periods every 16 days after the surgery too,,,that was awesome huh.....NOT,,now I spot 12 days before my actual period, then I have a regular period Heavy for 7 days,,,now altogether I have my period counting the spotting for 20 days outta every month and Im off for 10 ,,, i tried hormones that didnt help,,,I just wish I new what was wrong,, I had a papsmear a month ago it was normal,, and no hpv infection,,,I just wished theyd done a hysterectomy by now!

ive also had it done,i had cancer cells as well as pre cancer cells and i now bleed after intercourse.So that is a sign of a infection?

I had the laser conization in January of this year. After the procedure i had heavy bleeding for a while and then it eventually stopped. By the following month everything seemed normal but now my menstrual has started and ive been bleeding going on a little over a month i have an appointment to see my gyn becuase before this surgery ive never experienced an abnormal period. Hope all is wll with everyone experiencing this and ill check back in after ive met with my doctor. Wish me luck!!! 

I had a cervical cone surgery about 3 years ago. My question is... is it normal to start having brown discharge that long after surgery?

I experience exactly the same problem with spotting before my period. Is it better now?

It is all lies. Watch a YouTube video of a LEEP assault and you will see them slicing healthy tissue that they put acetic acid on or cleaning solution of sorts and then burn or cut Into the cervix taking a chunk out, causing stenosis and other things where women can no longer menstruate and obviously causing intended damage. They aren't worried about finding cancer or they would burn into your cervix. Wake the f**k up people! These doctors lie about male genital mutilstion (circumcisiin), female genital mutilation, vaccines, drugs they push, etc.