Couldn't find what you looking for?

TRY OUR SEARCH!


I have scary news, which I got few days ago from my gynecologist. I have been done usual Pap smear, which came back diagnosing me with CIN III. Doctor wrote there I have severe dysplasia, and recommended me LEEP procedure. I wonder if anyone had similar problem, and can tell me more about this. Is that the best treatment for this condition, if that could be treated at all?

Loading...


Severe dysplasia means carcinoma in situ, known as CIN III; the entire thickness of cells is disordered. Good news is that abnormal cells have not yet spread below the surface. Carcinoma-in-situ means cancer in place, which is still not dangerous cancer we know about it. If this condition is not treated, it often will grow into an invasive cervical cancer, which we definitely do not want. Until now, cryosurgery and Loop Electrical Excisional Procedure (LEEP) are the best methods used for treating CIN III. The Loop Electrocautery Excision Procedure (LEEP) is used to diagnose, or find out what is the abnormality. In addition, it is used to treat, or remove most abnormal tissue problems on the outer and inner cervix, vagina and vulva. The LEEP treatment is about 92% effective in completely removing the precancerous changes, so I guess you will be better after this procedure. However, there is a small chance (8%) that these precancerous changes may have invisibly spread to another area of the cervix, vagina or vulva. I honesty hope that will not be case with you, and LEEP will help with your CIN III.
Reply

Loading...