I was diagnosed with severe cervical dysplasia four months ago. I’ve passed through unsuccessful leep procedure at about same time expecting that there won’t be any abnormal cells afterwards. I got recovered from my first leep and went to recheck my Pap smear again 15 days ago but the result is the same, at colposcopy is reconfirmed that I still have cervical dysplasia. Now I’m afraid of second unsuccessful leep.

I had two leep treatments. First one followed my colpo result-severe cervical dysplasia which is thought to be cured with leep procedure. I must mention that mine is very rare case of having infections followed leep. Three months after my first leep I went to my second leep and finally this one went ok. I was explained that after first leep there are left some abnormal cells untouched in cervical canal. I also went to ECC where a doc scratched membrane of my cervix and the results of abnormal cells were negative.
My latest Pap test two months ago was ok but I still worry about my next Pap smear which is in about 20 days. I wouldn’t like having third leep and I think it’s not recommended either for many leeps may cause infertility. So I might consider some other treatment next time.