hello,
Years ago I was diagnosed with HPV / mild dysplasia. After 2 years of having it checked every 3 months I opted to have the LEEP procedure done. My pap smears have come back negative for 2 years. However, I recently started dating someone new, who is rather..ahem.. large.. and have started to bleed during sex. I immediatly went to the doctor the day of the incident and she did a pap & culture (waiting for the results now). She said everything looked fine, normal..but there was a small scar or something that might be a ruptured polyp. I'm wondering if it's possible that after the LEEP procedure my cervix is now weakened...and rough sex combined with tylenol & alcohol might be causing the bleeding. wondering if anyone else has suddendly experienced bleeding after sex who's had the LEEP procedure done.

I have also had the LEEP procedure done almost two years ago and when I became sexually active again this year I noticed light bleeding after sex. Going to my gyno tomorrow.

I had a leep done in January and I have had a very difficult time having intercourse. It's very painful as if first time. I still haven't had it; keep trying but pain is still prevalent. Don't know if my body is just tense from the procedure or healing, etc. My follow up isn't until August 17 so I'm hoping I'll get some answers then. Looking online for some info came across this post re: two years after...

I had a LEEP four weeks ago and was bleeding after sex. But I had no pain so I assume its because its simply not healed yet and right now I have no sex. But unfortunately I am starting to have pain and I am worried I might have infection now because of it.

Dont know.

I have had the leep done 2 months ago and i thought you should know you have to wait 8 weeks before sex or you will expreince what is going on with you now sh*t ask ur doctor not ur body when you can have sex cuz it can hopitalize you or kill you this is your life girl take it seriouly cuz god made us women the beautifulsest thing on earth please wait for your body to heal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is not true you do not have to wait 8 weeks before having sex after leep depending on how much of your cervix was removed depends on when your doctor will tell you you can have intercourse again. I had the leep done Dec.5 I had high grade displaysia that tested adenocarcinoma insitu and need a histroectomy so my case is pretty severe and I only had to wait 3 weeks for sex. I had a normal maybe slightly heavier period about 4 days earlier then I was supposed to. You will be fine just give it time I still have slight discomfort sometimes after too ruff of sex from having a larger partner.

I had the Leep procedure performed a week ago and it was not as bad as I was expecting, although everyone is different. My doctor explained everything and it was very uncomfortable but no pain. After the procedure I felt like nothing was done to me, I had no symptoms and I felt fine. Of course the blownish, blackish discharge which is normal was my only side effect.

My point for writing this is that I thought I got too condifent and 4 days after my procedure I lifted 2 heavy detergents into and out of my car ... nothing right? WRONG, now I have slight bleeding and cramps. I should have remembered it was still surgery and listened to my doctor when he stressed, NO HEAVY LIFTING. I will heal but there was no reason to stress my body when I knew better.

This is just a note for all those others out there who want to be stubborn like me. Take a little advise and take it easy the first month after the procedure.

GOOD LUCK!

Hey, I had the leep done on Dec 6th and was told to wait six weeks before having sex, unfortunately I didn't , everything seemed normal up untill two weeks ago, I have endured incredible pelvic pain {it felt like i had just underwent my c-sections all over again, with no pain killers} I have had to drag my self into the ER and they said that I had a pelvic infection and am awaiting my check up with my gyno, I just pray that my bad thinking and acting out on sex didnt cause a major problem, I highly recommend to wait it out, it'll be there after your body heals.

manda

I'm having the LETZ (which I guess is the same as the LEEP but my doctor says LETZ) and I'm going to be put to slepe and in the hospital for the procedure. Yet, everything I've read about it says that typically you're not put to sleep and that it usually happens in your doctors office...
Also, I've read that you can not have it done while on your period.. and I called my doctor to maybe reschedule because I thought I would be on my period the day we scheduled it and she said it doesn't matter if you're on your period or not.
And after reading these posts i'm really scared to have sex after the procedure :-(

I had a Leep Procedure done on Jan. 30th and 18 days later I began to have very heavy and uncontrollable bleeding. It actually started as I was having a conversation with another worker and I suddenly felt a gush of liquid in my female area almost like I went to the restroom on myself, but I knew I hadn't. I quickly went the the restroom discovered it was blood and called my gynecologist. I described what happened and her nurse said that if I was filling more than a pad an hour or have blood clots larger than a nickel to go to the ER ASAP. I was actually filling a pad about every 15 mins and had very large blood clots. I had a fellow worker take me to the emergency room where at examination it was discovered that I had an artery bleeding in my female area, which they think was linked to the Leep Procedure I had completed some 18 days earlier. I wanted to post this so that if something similar happened to someone else they would know to get to a doctor or hospital quickly. I lost a lot of blood and am very weak now. The doctors told me that if I began to bleed like this again than I would most likely have to have surgery to stop the bleeding. It was a very scary situation and it was also very serious. A nick on your finger is a little different from a bleeding artery since it is one of the main highways should I say for your blood. If this happens to anyone else, please stress to the workers at the ER check in how much you are bleeding because my doctors/nurses didn't understand until they examined me and even made several comments on the amount of blood. Hope no one else has any complications like I did.

I had a LEEP on 2 Feb and waiting 8 weeks before having sex - but will bleed for a few hours after sex now. Husband is endowed and where it didn't hurt before, I have minor discomfort as if my cervix is really sensitive now. I'm going in tomorrow for a check up - not sure what's going on but it's not normal.

This is my 2nd LEEP and the first one was fine. Waited 5 weeks post LEEP before having sex with no problems or issues at all.

This LEEP was more invasive as I had severe dysplasia this time...

BUT my DR said it was ok to have sex after 6 weeks too... so I did follow her instructions. ARGH!

hi it has being 3 weeks after my leep procedure a very superficial part of my cervix was removed i am 22 and my husband 24 we have a little baby and we want to have more, and today my husband came to me and he sayd he wanted to have sex that he coudnt hold it any longer. I was told not to have ses during six weeks after the leep and this was the first day we had sex since, i am so scared i am sure from today until the six weeks are done not to have intercurse again but i wondered what can happen to me after i had sex today.has somebody been in my situation? i experienced a little bit of bleeding when the intercourse and hours after but no pain at all. what can happen to me?please help!!!

I had the leep procedure done 2 months ago and have my follow up in about 3 weeks. I waited 6 weeks before having sex and since, every now and then, I have light bleeding after sex when that never happened before the LEEP. I just think the cervix is more sensitive now and if you have sex that is a little rough it causes a little bleeding. Its just like a sore that needs to heal. If you keep picking at it, its going to bleed. I think the longer you can wait in having sex the better it will be and less complications. I would recommend at least waiting 2 months, I think I would have completely healed by then if I did wait longer, but it also depends on how severe your LEEP procedure was. I am going to talk w/my doctor about it when I go back in 3 weeks but it sounds like a pretty common problem after the LEEP.

I too Had leep done December 6 amd I am still bleeding after sex 2 months later. Is it Normal?????

Guest wrote:

i had a leep and we are supp to wait 36 weeks.Your life your health takecare of it sex can wait.

36 weeekkkks? I hope u meant 3-6 weeks.