FOR THE PAST EIGHT WEEKS I HAVE BEEN EXPERIENCING WHAT I CAN DESCRIBE AS A CONSTANT KNOTTING PAIN IN MY MID SPINE. I HAVE FULL RANGE MOVEMENTS WITH NO PAIN, NO STIFFNESS. IT IS BETTER AFTER A GOOD NIGHT SLEEP BUT AT ABOUT 4 PM IT INCREASES. I AM AWAITING XRAY RESULTS. IN THE MEANTIME I AM ANXIOUS AS IT IS NOT GETTING BETTER. DICLOFENAC HAS NO EFFECT. AT PRESENT I AM NOT TAKING ANY MEDICATION AS IT IS MORE OF AN ANNOYING PAINFUL DISCOMFORT RATHER THAN AGONY. IF ANYONE HAS EXPERIENCED THESE SYMPTOMS OR KNOWS WHAT MIGHT BE GOING ON PLEASE CAN YOU REPLY. ONE MOMENT I THINK IT MIGHT BE A MUSCLE THE OTHER I THINK IT MIGHT BE THE BONE, A NERVE..... CONFUSED.

THANKS

Kab,
I have the same problem. i can breathe deeply and twist and it does not bother me. It is a mid back ache and it is not continuous but intermittent.
this is my sixth month and now in the last two weeks it is getting worse.
What can I expect? what did you doctor tell you. si i will at least know what to ask for when i go to my doctor. thanks gary

Hi, I don't know if i'm in the same boat as you guys...I had a severe pain one day in the right side of my chest and it felt as if there was a bone protruding into my lungs and i couldn't breathe deep. I couldn't lay down to rest...i had to sit straight... The surgeon confirmed that i had a displaced nerve and i was given a nerve block...as soon as that needle hit the right place....in seconds i was in heaven...The doctor said that it happens when we cough...or in case of bronchitis...it may subside on its own but it may recur with another bout of cough...So, there. I'm careful now. When i have a cold, i get it treated immediately.