Hi there.

About 4 years ago I had a major accident in the motorway ending up with a serious multiple injuries (Rib: 1, 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9 ,   1 0) in the right side cage and (Rib 3, 5 ) in the left one.

Fracture vertebrae (T7, T8, T9, and T10).

Collapsed right lung.

About 10 Days ago I start felling a sore rib cage in certain places but not the whole cage and it hurts as I touch the place or apply pressure on it with hand and then it developed to pain in my back muscles and now mainly in my mid-upper back, the pain is not severe but it is affecting my daily routine.

I went to see my doctor about the problem and he laughed at me as I mentioned that I have some concerns about bone tumour or/and Lung cancer and he told me that is clearly because of the previous history (The Accident I mentioned above) and he did not like when I asked how comes that I did not feel the pain in the last 4 years.

I would appreciate if someone can help and provide me with a second opinion.

Much appreciated.

Have is gotten any better? I haven't had anywhere near the injuries you've had, although I did have some cracked ribs a few years back and a collapsed lung after as well. Also one major whiplash injury, from which 22 years later I am still dealing with the effects from it in the form of degenerative discs and osteoarthritis in my spine. I also have my Sacroiliac joints that "slip" out of place and cause me enormous pain.
This past year I was rear-ended again, and got lower back and hip issues from it. (or so I thought that was it). My neck gets "kinked" once in awhile and my upper back has been just slightly more sore all around since.
This past Christmas, I had a cold, and my upper back (thoracic pain) was more sore than normal. I sneezed about 5 times, and when I woke up the next morning, I felt like I couldn't breathe and it felt like I had a broken rib on the left side under my arm, right by my bra strap. Even the skin hurt to touch so bad, I thought it might be shingles at first. I went to my doctor and my chiropractor who both said it was a "slipped rib". My chiropractor adjusted it, and I tell you, I never felt such relief. I did have to go back for one more adjustment, and the pain subsided considerably but it still took a good month to heal totally. Now a couple of weeks later, my upper back was EXTREMELY sore the other day, again. And the next day I had little like tender muscle over one of my right ribs, under my arm. I tried rubbing the knot out fairly gently (although I do have fibromyalgia so everything hurts), and then yesterday morning I woke up with that same intense pain in my rib, now on my right side. I am assuming my back and rib are totally out of alignment again and am going to try the Chiropractor again. Even my doctor, who can't really refer to Chiropractors because they are the "competition" (he told me that!), told me to go to the Chiropractor last time for this issue and it's not something he would normally ever recommend. Anyone else dealt with this? Where even your skin is painful to the touch (feels like the worst bruise ever)? Please help! Any advice would be so much appreciated for both the above poster as well as myself. Thank you.