I have heard that the pain is an important symptom of abdominal disease. Its position and characteristics give important clues to the likely causes of problem. All this I found out when I was trying to find out something about my problem. I have experienced mid-right sided abdominal pain, so I do not know what to think. Can you tell me what it could be and should I talk to my doctor?

All you found out is true, but it is important to emphasize that many abdominal illnesses are not painful, at least in the early stages. This is because the lining of the gut has no nerve ending, which is why some inflammations and even cancers can develop and grow without provoking pain. It happens unless the problem spreads through the wall of the gut to its outer lining, or causes narrowing. Abdominal pains usually occur where you might expect from the involved organ to be placed. Thus, problems in the stomach, biliary tree and pancreas usually cause pain in the upper abdomen below the breastbone. What I doubt is your problem is gallbladder, because in the case of the gallbladder, pain is somewhat to the right. Epigastric and mid-right sided abdominal pain occurs after eating, especially after larger meals, and the patient characteristically loses weight very fast.
Any part of the intestines can become inflamed but the most common painful inflammatory condition is diverticulitis. That is an inflammation of an out-pocket stones in the gallbladder. This problem could cause pain in the epigastrium and mid-right side or in right upper quadrant of the abdomen. I would recommend you to visit your doctor to make physical exam and pay attention to your gallbladder.

Primary care md referred pt to Gi who referred pt to surgeon. Gall bladder surgery done---a butcher job-bile duct was cut, pain was incredible.

GB removal didn't help---PAIN IS STILL SO DEBILITATING THAT PT HAS LOST INTEREST IN DOING ANYTHING OUTSIDE THE HOME.

GI and surgeon have 'washed their hands' of patient (NOT KNOWING WHAT IS WRONG.!) Besides the patient, the family is feeling depressed about the whole situation.

There IS NO SOLUTION, is there, when presumably incompetent physicians are involved?????

%-) :'( not sure how to even write/use this,but i`m in sooo much pain all the time & have no idea what is going on with my body!!! I`ve had multiple tests done @ hospital to no avail. I`m very scared & can not figure out what is wrong with me! I have so many pains/symptoms of things & feel lost in my minds questions with no one to talk to ,not knowing what to do so i`m trying this!!!!!

If you are female, you could have something called endometriosis (which cannot be found on any tests. It is extremely painful and can only be diagnosed through an exploratory surgery. Males can get this also but it is extraordinarily rare and only in males taking female hormonal supplements.

I know how u feel. If I can help you please donot hesitate to text me.

E-mail me emccar5 anytime. Im a nurse and have been thru the same thing. I might can help or at least be a support for you.

i am having mid upper right quadrant pain, it worsens after meals,if i stand or sleeps by not bending my right side gradually i will get relief but when i sit or bend on my right side pain worsens, it is reducing aftr reducing the meals or skipping the meals. i consulted doctor they initiallt felt gallstones but later told me it is nothing rather than little gastritis problem but even after following medications i am not well and it is worsening day by day, i cannot sit for more than 5 mins, i either lay down or stays in standing position. what complication i must be having? what all tests i need to do?