I have similar things to you all but I can trigger the pain with I breathe in. I get a pain that almost feels like a nerve sensitivity...I went to the doctors yesterday because I thought for sure I had an ear infection or throat infection -- even though my throat does not hurt? They said no.

I'm clueless and begginning to wonder if its something more serious like my artery? the pain radiates to my head on all on the left side...

what is this? Anyone?

Rebecca

I have the same thing. Its happened before, but about 15 minutes ago a shooting pain hit me. It stoped me dead in my tracks, it was paralyzing for just a second. Its in the general area as you described but went down a little further into my chest. I am scared to death, Im like you Im afraid it could be heart related.

when i swallow or take a deep breath in i get shooting pains then a pins and needle sensation in my throat, and down my upper chest and in my neck

dont know why, but i usually get it after working out

i have been havig the same thing... did you all find out what was wrong ?

Its' strange how we find a Health and sometimes a medical website and find that we're not the only ones that goes through simular problems. I get the same fellings as well. I've gone the and ENT doctor and everything was fine. I often wonder if any doctors/nursers look at our questions and concerns. It really would help if there was some type of medical on-line chat where either doctors/nurses can talk with people like us that's looking for either an answer or more advices.

I also get the same thing too, but my shooting pains happen in my heart area, after i've worked out etc.. anybody know why.. its really scary and nearly puts me in a panic attack!

I'm not completely sure but I ran across Angina pectoris (chest pain) online and it is derived from Latin and translates as 'tight chest'. It feels like an oppressive, heavy, crushing pain or a constricting feeling in the centre of the chest behind the breast bone (sternum) or on the left side of the front of the chest. The pain can radiate out to either one or both arms, more often the left. It can be experienced in the throat, jaw, the stomach and, more rarely, between the shoulder blades.

Angina is often brought on by:
• physical exercise
• psychological stress
• extreme cold
• a heavy meal.
Once these trigger factors stop, the pain generally abates quickly, usually within 2 to 10 minutes

Google or other search to find more info.

rebecca - you described my feelings exactly. it is not that my throat hurts but it is a wierd pain in the left side of my neck when i move sometimes or when i breath in. just like yours, almost like a nerve thing and i was also wondering about an artery. wish someone had an answer.

:( i have been having these pains too and have gone to the hospital a few time each said differant things..inflammation of the esophagus,or esophageal spasms, and oh stress... i do not feel i have and of them! the pain will hit me at any time i never no when it will happen, i could be talking, eating,drinking or just moving around and just like that i get theworst pain in my throat and sometimes in my ear. it feels like i just got stabbed in the neck or like i just felt a surge of electric shoot though my throat, it makes me stop in my tracks and grab my neck, it is so scary i think i am dying...it will last maybe 60 sec and sometimes i will have 2 or 3 in a row and then i might not have any for a few hours or a day or two. i have been lookin up all kinds of stuff and i think it sounds like glossopharyngeal neuralgia. so hope that helps.. oh and i am still not sure if that is what i have but i am going to the doctor with my finding and i hope they find out what i have cuz i am very scarred...thanks mojo

Well...? I have the same thing...It's recurring but not too often...sometimes after I eat foods with a lot of onions....Did anyone get any answers?

I have about the same thing happening to me right now. Whenever i breathe in, I get a sharp pain in the left of my throat and in the area my heart should be. It's been going on for two days, and has deprived me of sleep. Whenever I lay down, it becomes almost impossible to sleep for more than an hour before I wake up from the pain of having to breath. It seems when I'm lying down that's when it's at its worse. I really wish someone had an answer to all of our problems. I've scheduled to see a doctor tomorrow, but for some odd reason, I feel like that will not resolve my situation, but I guess it doesn't hurt to try.

Whoever is out there reading these posts, please provide us with an answer, we would all deeply appreciate it.

VERY LATE REPLY (Years not days)

Only just saw your comments whilst searching for other topics.

I just hope the following helps all of you and any others with similar concerns.

On reading all the comments, I find that I have the same problem.
I suggest (NOT advise) that you all type the following texts into Google Search
without the quotes:

"Phrenic Nerve Palsy"
"Phrenic Nerve Problem"
"Elevated Left Hemi-Diaphragm"

I have an elevated left diaphragm myself, which can be caused by Phrenic Nerve Palsy/injury.

The Phrenic Nerve is a nerve that comes from the neck (Cervic)

It also causes pain in the neck, (rear and sides plus in the throat) clavicle,
shoulder making the shoulder and top of chest/pectoral muscle/breast numb and
It goes down the arm with pins and needles, etc., in the hand and fingers.

The symptoms in the hand could be mis-self-diagnosed as carpal tunnel syndrome.
Shortness of breath is another symptom.

One more important point:

Although the foregoing relates to LEFT, it can also be on the RIGHT.
Elevated Right Hemi-diaphragm, etc.
Plus Phrenic Nerve Palsy/injury can also affect the Right arm,
shoulder and hand.

Phrenic Nerve Palsy/injury can be caused by a number of things including:
Whiplash injury or other types of trauma.

Mention the foregoing to your GP or Hospital.
An Xray clearly shows Elevated Hemi-Diaphragm on either side.
The right side is naturaly a little raised owing to the position of our Liver.

Its most definately gland related...ask your doc for a ct scan

I have the pain all day. It only happens when I inhale. The pain is sharp all throughout my throat, chin, left shoulder, and chest. It causes me to not be able to sleep. The pain will get to the point where I stop dead in my tracks. Does anyone have any idea what it could be??

Just two days back I had similar pain and I was informed by my doctor as the reason was due to my cervical spondylitis - I have a very old history of spondylitis and the x-ray showed Cervical kyphosis(***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed).
Hope this helps.