:'( I need some help and advice. Suffering depression and waiting to see psychiatrist but long wait. Taking 40mg citalopram but not working. Hear destructive voices .For the first time wondering if it is a psychotic depression. Also experiencing throbbing in neck and jaw. Sever bouts of breathlessness heaviness in chest and cramp in abdomin and legs. Happens while eating, sitting or walking and at night /morning. Prescribed amlodipine 5mg aspirin 75mg nitrolingual spray. Also asthmatic. On waiting list for cardiology at present told 8 mths.
How bad does it need to get before getting help .Confused and concerned dont know what to do can anyone help.

Your other physical problems could be due to anxiety about depression and things being wrong. When cortisol levels (due to a lot of stress) are very high, you can get all sorts of physical symptoms but of course these could be symptoms of an underlying disease.
My aunt suffers from depression, so besides depression she had to put up with severe abdominal pains, headaches and pain in her hands and fingers. This is all linked to depression and low levels of the serotonin and norepinephrin neurotransmitters.
I can’t help you with your appointments, can’t you find a psychiatrist who would see you about those hearing voices? I can understand how you must feel. Try to make an appointment again, say that you can’t stand it anymore hearing it every day, say you had suicidal thoughts just in order to get a doctor…..i don’t know what else to tell you.
I just hope you will manage to get some help soon. I feel with you because I have seen depression and am still looking at it every day although not as severe as it was before.

lori thank you for your response
I am feeling really down and it is good to have a reply.
I am suicidal throughout the day and night. I have told the clinic but still have to wait for a psychiatrist. I think that the only way to get help is to take drastic action in some way but I have my family to think off.
I am taking the citalopram which they wrote to my gp about and doubled to 40 mg but it doesnt help. It helps with the anxiety but makes the negative thoughts worse.
I have to wait 8 mts also to see a cardiologist and I am experiencing severe breathing difficulties and pain. The GTN spray does help though.
I am pleased you replied it really helps Thank you :-D

I am glad I was of any help. I do hope you get some relief soon

:-D Had some good news today have an appointment with a psychiatrist on October 3rd. Get that sorted and then maybe cardiologist will send for me . ! It's my birthday today so that was a great pressie

By the way I am 46 and female .

Hi dudey,

Happy birthday! I am glad you got some good news today. How are you holding up? If the antidepressant you are taking is not helpful, you may get another kind or a different dosage to see if it kicks in. Do you have a family? How are they coping with your problems?

Feeling really good now. All cardiac tests came back negative. Now taking duloxetine, procyclidine and qutiepine. should be seeing a psychologist soon. Doing okay now and my family less stressed now