Hello everyone. My cousin is depressed ever since her husband left her for some another lady. And I really do understand her. I don't know what I would do in her case :/ But she became so depressed that she now doesn't want to do anything. She won't eat, she won't sleep and her kids are really sad about this whole situation. They are young, but they can't stand to see their mother like that. I went to see her and everything she starts to cry she is loosing her breath. I am afraid that she can get really sick. Can depression increase the risk of a heart disease?

Hello there. Sure it can. Depression almost costed me a life. I was so depressed for one reason, it doesn't matter which one it is, and I really could not do anything. I woke up in the middle of the night and I start to cry, walk , eat...Whatever it entertains me in that moment. That was the biggest mistake. I didn't believe that something like this can actually happen but my heart also started to "jump" whenever I was nervous. Depression caused some heart problems for me but thanks God they are life treatable.

Oh no! I was really scared of this situation. I really don't know what to do to help her. True is, I was depressed more than two times in my life, but I had family around me who helped me to feel much better and they helped me to get rid of the depression. So I think that this is a clue thing, to find someone who is going to be there with you and help you to deal with it, right? So how to fight when you don't have someone? And do you know what statistic is telling us about this? 

Hi. Well recently I found some information that really scared me and surprised me as well. Depression can strike anyone at this world. Doctors research’s over the past two decades has shown that people with heart disease are more likely to suffer from depression than otherwise healthy people, and conversely, that people with depression are at greater risk for developing heart disease. Also, people with heart disease who are depressed have an increased risk of death after a heart attack compared to those who are not depressed. You asked how to deal with depression if you don’t have anyone – well you can deal with medications. Sometimes that is the only way.  

Hey there. I was always wondering the same thing - can it. Now when I can see that it can, I am wondering another question - how it can increase the risk of a heart disease? I mean, I do know that you should not be nervous and stressful for everything but I never understand how this can affect your heart. If you do know, I would like someone to explain this to me. I am trying to be less stressed always because I do know that this can lead to depression...Any other advice? tnx!

Hey there. Well, it is shown that stress and depression can affect your health generally and your heart is very weak, at least it is weaker than any other part of your body and that is how it is affected. Also, depression increases heart failure risk by 40% and reducing stress that triggers depression may improve outlook. That is the only way but there is not chance for me to tell you how you can reduce the stress. You need to find the best option alone. You need to find out what is making you stressed. Good luck with it.