Hello, folks. I felt a severe pain in my ear last month. I went to see an ENT specialist and he found out that I had a lot of cerumen in my ear. He washed it out and I felt better. I wonder if accumulated cerumen could be causing this pain. What do you think? I would appreciate if anyone could answer me.

Hello. Accumulated cerumen could perhaps cause some pain, but I am not sure that the intensity of this pain is high. The character of this pain is blunt. Sharp pain in the ear is caused by damages in ear membrane. However, since you felt relief after washing out, perhaps this was the reason of you feeling this pain. Nevertheless, go and see ENT specialist again for a routine check up! He should see your ear membrane. I hope I have helped a little. Let me know what the doctor said. Good luck! Bye!