Hi, folks. My close friend has been experiencing lately progressive deafness in one ear. I am beginning to be scared that this can mean that he has a tumor. I know that tumors run through his family. I would like to hear what you think. I will appreciate all your replies.

Hi, there. If he is experiencing only progressive deafness in one ear, I cannot say that he has tumor. I think he would have more symptoms of inner ear tumors. Balance problems are possible. Pain, which can be sometimes extreme, is also a characteristic of this tumor. Painful headaches are also possible. I would recommend your friend to visit an ENT specialist. Only then he can be sure whether he has tumor or not. If he has it, it is very important to discover it as early as possible. I hope everything will be all right with your friend. Bye!

Hi there, in regards to the progressive deafness, has your friend been to any doctors and see about getting his ears syringed? if this has already been completed and no results of deafness are found, i dont think your friend has a tumour but i am not a doctor. i am classed as profoundly deaf in both ears, i wasnt born deaf and my doctor told me the reason for the deafness is due to nerve damage and hearing wont get any better. i attend the Ear Nose and Throat dept on a regular basis for help regarding this issue. i also have problems with my balance due to inner ear probs.  your best bet is your friend going to see his doctor to get everything checked out.

kind regards