Hello, folks. I am experiencing some ringing in my ear or tinnitus. I really don’t know what could cause it. I was wondering if anyone could recommend me over the counter help for this. I would really appreciate all your advices considering this. Thank you in advance. All your replies are more than welcomed.

Hello to you too. You are right. Tinnitus is the ringing sensation in the ear. I think that there is no option for over the counter therapies. You should visit an ENT specialist. He will recommend you what to do. Tinnitus is only the symptom. You should find the cause of this and “remove” it. I hope everything will be all right. Bye!

Hello, guys. I agree with the previous post. Tinnitus is something that should be treated by a specialist. The first step is usually removing the earwax. If there is a certain blood vessel condition, it should be treated as well. Sometimes a medication that you take can cause it. You should change it. You should discuss more about these issues with your specialist. I hope this helps. Bye!

Hi, there. You shouldn’t treat this on your own. You can find some machines that are applied for noise reduction. Some drugs can also be used to reduce the symptoms. Tricyclic antidepressants are one of them. Those would be: amitriptyline and nortriptyline. They show success in this area. Alprazolam can also reduce tinnitus. However, it has side effects such as nausea and drowsiness. Acamprosate is a drug that can help with some people. Otherwise it is used for treating alcoholics.