I have been having a weird pressure in my left ear for about 5 months now. I have been to my normal doctor twice and an ENT twice. I have had 2 rounds of antibiotics, ear drops, and prednisone. The latest visit to the ENT resulted in them pretty much saying they didn't know what was wrong. He says they are free of wax, my hearing is fine and my eardrum was fine. They did some sort of test where they put this vibrating thing in my ear and made a picture of my eardrum. He said that looked normal. He didn't think it was an infection because I had just gotten off an antibiotic for something else. He looked in my throat and said that I had silent reflux. He said sometimes reflux can get into the eustachian (sp?) tubes and that could be causing the pressure. So he put me on Zantac. He also told me to start using Nasacort AQ, as well as to start taking my allergy medicine again. So I have been doing all three faithfully but sure enough I woke up again this morning with intense pressure in my left ear. It's not like it needs to be popped - it feels deeper than that. I can pop my ear but that provides no relief. Another odd thing is that I have had absolutely no pain, no ringing, no headaches, and no dizziness. Just the very annoying pressure and sometimes a humming. It comes and goes. It could very intense one day and completely gone the next. This might sound crazy but I have noticed that it is worse when we have a front coming through. Does that make any sense? One ENT said it did and the other just shrugged it off. What else can I do? I am so tired of this pressure and just trying different medicines. I am not a medicine person anyway and I would like to start trying to get pregnant in about 3 months (which I will not take any medicine the first 3 months). I want to know what is wrong, not just keep taking different medicines. What other tests should I ask for? Anyone else experienced anything like this? Help!

I've had the same problem for the last past month and I've notice that the thing that is causing the pressure in my ear is my plugged nose. I've taken nasonex and its has really worked for me, I don't feel no more pressure in my ear anymore. Hope this helps

i have the EXACT same sx! my doc thinks i have mennier's syndrome - i don't buy it. have you had any relief yet?

I am experiencing the exact same thing...it doesn't hurt but the constant humming is driving me INSANE!!

I have the same problem in this posting i went to the doctor today and she said i have alergies now i have never had any alergies before my ears will not pop no matter what i do if i go up in the mountains it gets worse pressure builds up and i deal with the pain.

My ears constanly ring all the time one side of my ear feels heaveir i do not have jaw pains or anything like that just constant pressure like my ears need a popping but wont pop

i know its that tube doing somthing in their that needs to do somthing but cant.

also read this could be a dental thing i really hate the dentist and if i have this problem wouldnt i be having a surous tooth ache to have it have a proble with my elaststion tube in my ear?

well my doctor told me to get mucenex and see if that helps my boddy get rid of whats clogging the elaststion tube

i have a cold at this time but this has been going on 4 about 4 months and i have no clue what it is been blowing it off but once i got a a cold it was too much to bare it was for sure time to go and get it checked out but when i went to the doctor and told her she just said i had alergies

i have never had any other alergies in my life and all of a sudden since my earls feel like i have ear plugs in them i all of a sudden have alergies this seems to me like nonsence

i will listen to her cause i would do anything for my ears to just pop or just even pop whare they were before i got sick witch isnt that much better

i constantly yawn i know exactly how to get my ears to pop and i soo want too but it just doesnt happen no matter what i do so this tube must be clogged with somthing or closed

this sucks becuase soonb my insurance is going to expire for problems with me not working with the same job anymore.

if some one could help i would apreciate this for sure

Same issues here. My symptoms started a year ago; I am a 40 yr old female. I live in California. I'm not crazy... but I believe my ear pressure is related to the weather. Whenever we have low pressure, dry winds, sunny days (all three conditions must be met), I get the pressure in my left ear. Don't know why it started when I turned 40. I am the heaviest I've been my entire life. Any similarities with you?

I have had this for over a year....It was alot worse.....I have had a year of nighmares and drs. not knowing what it is wrong....in fact was saying it was in my head......well there partly right......my nightmare started after having a severe kidney infection...was giving levaquin a very strong n bad antibiotic.....its not sold in other countries it is banned.....then giving keflex......then 2 weeks later the nightmare became almost a death sentence.....i got gastritis, vaginititis, and my intestines were wipped out n sick.....so i was also like in anxiety mode as well so sick n dr was blowing me off like oh well especially since i told them i have a family genetic sensitivity to medicine, my children as well. I then read how powerfull these meds. were n since i have allergic reactions to pencillin.. the levaguin, one pill i was in the E.R. T...then given the keflex. But still so sick....everything i tried to help my stomach i reacted to, even tylenol i reacted to i could not take nothing......was throwing up blood n in so much pain.... went n had a endoscope.....n the nightmare exploded more.....was giving zantac 300 i took it for 10 days my daughter came to check on me n was asleep while sleeping i saw my father he was telling me to go back not my time yet.....my daughter was shaking me finally she got me awake n said i had stopped breathingn was making weird sounds. I stopped those pills n noticed that my neck had swelled up , n that i had a funny odd sensation in my ears......of course thru all of this massive anxiety, which is not me......also had a couple of extremme night sweats that every pore in my body was sweating from....while i was asleep.....needless to say after that i had to try alot of home remedies n all natural my stomache has healed but is very sensitive but now supposedly i have allergies to why i have post nasal drip n all to go back abit right after the zantac i had no saliva n acouple of months it became very stringy n roppy went to dr. of course shrud her shoulders didn't know why my dentist knew all along i was very very sick he said i was full of fungi as my throat n tongue were white, back to my dr. didn't know what to give me, but baby thrush medcine n say shes not sure i have it. And of course looking like i am a pain in her butt.......during all this and also to go back to right after zantac use i had what felt like seisure when i woke up. i called them brain zappies, my neck was swollen for along time after endoscope had a bunch of tests that came back negative all but one....i have high calcuim..... n parathyroid diease but no clear answer to that as well drs. have messed me up n continue.....the dr. here says i have 4 tumors. went to mayo n drs. there 1 tumor n put me on a medcine that is abig no no sensipar. will the falling thru the cracks n drs not listening ever stop for me. but anyways back to the ears. Allergies ok never was before but ok.....started the netti pot it has helped a bunch also the pressure in weather changes is true for me as well. jaw pain is extreme burning at times...also feels like my jaw spasms but nope ears gave me that sensation.. it is the fluids try to flow thru my tubes n going very slowly my mucus is slowly thinning out n this is the biggy getting my mucus thin.......found out in the course of this year n half nightmare that zantac is a antihistamine n had caused all my mucus to become thick n so my ears were plugged most of this time n yes it did seem that way would try none stop to open them......had a bad allergy systoms about a month ago n tried to take zyertec as my daughter n grand daughter take this n they have drug senstivities, so i tried it 3 days one teaspoon everyday....helped the allgeries but third day,,,,the brain zappy was there......scared me so bad n so upset as it was 3 months no brain zappies n 3 weeks no jaw pain..... so yes i believe my eustachia tubes are damaged, n i can feel them plugging while i sleep or lay in bed n when i wake up i can feel like a movement of fluide in them......i sleep in my unfinished basement as sleeping upstairs i feel sicker. have been pulling out carpet n had my self tested for some allergies.....cats i am not allergic too, grasses, mold, wheat, weeds, a certain type of dog allgerist just tested me for a few things, doesn't believe me either. I am 48 never was to drs. unless pregnant or extremely sick. I know I am sick something has happened i have bankrupt my family. and still need to get this tumor out. but will have to wait......leaving it in will make my body possibly get cancer easier......family on that has a record. all have had some sort but me. even the rare ones. but finding out growing up with a coal furnace was exposing us to harmful cancer causing agents.......so yeah the person who said they knew some cures please post them.....n anyone else having any answers post them, i do not wish for anyone to go thru what i have been thru any ideas to try n any ideas to bring to there drs. mine is a lost cause. Even husband doesn't believe me. just says its his job to support me. but always says the drs didn't find nothing. have to fremind him of the tumor. then he says must be to bad drs. didn't want to do anything. told him in the past 6 months read about parathyroidism. that he had not even looked it up. i am so sry rambling on here. but just hate drs not having help or answers n this plugged ears r very uncomfortable....n i stress do not take an antihistamine it will thicken the mucus.....my little relieve i get from time to time is from my netti pot.

I dont have what you have timberswife i just have the original post what she said. But with my allergies I felt i couldnt breathe in my nose. It was partially in my head and while i was awake i kept thinking im going to stop breathing. I got scared so i didnt want to go to sleep. My mom bought this music that its like chinese sounding music and its soothing. You should do that. I also bought VIX to put on my temples. And just relax mayb keep on the tv and lower it down. If you have comcast their is this channel 434 SoundScapes. Now im better I can sleep and even though we have different problems I think maybe this will work. Just relax and think about something else because thats all you can do so try! :-P

I have the same problems that you describe. I've been to 3 doctors and they each say something different. One of them said it was allergies, one said to use a decongestant and the third said it will clear up on it's own and there's nothing that I can do about it. I feel like I am going crazy, but I know that my sinuses feel full and my ear is plugged and I can hear my heart beating in my eardrum all day and night. I hope your problem finally cleared up because I don't want to have to live for the rest of my life like this.

I had pressure in my right ear that would come and go after a car accident the pressure would get so it felt like if I could reach in and pull it out golf ball out of my ear. A ENT doctor ran several test one where I sat in a chair and watched lights and the chair would move. I had a small whole or tear what ever you want to call it, in my inner-ear and when the humidity was up the pressure got worse. My doctor cut my ear from the top to the bottom from behind taking a small piece of my tissue to patch it over the inner-ear using glue they use for gluing skin in face-ills. The pressure went away and has never returned and that was 9 years ago.

I had pressure in my right ear that would come and go after a car accident the pressure would get so it felt like if I could reach in and pull it out golf ball out of my ear. A ENT doctor ran several test one where I sat in a chair and watched lights and the chair would move. I was told I had a small whole or tear what ever you want to call it, in my inner-ear and when the humidity was up the pressure got worse. My doctor cut my ear from the top to the bottom from behind bypassing my eardrum, taking a small piece of my tissue to patch it over the inner-ear using glue they use for gluing skin in face-ills. The pressure went away and has never returned and that was 9 years ago.

I have had ringing in the ear since Jan of this year. Prior to that I had dental work and It felt like that ear was filled with the stuff he numbed me with. I went to the Dr. He said it was an Ear infection...the ringing did not stop I went to and ENT...he told me to come back in a couple of months...No one can help...I would like for the feeling of someting in there to go away and the ringing...Help

I have exactly the same problem with you. My ENT has ruled out any histopathological cause as well as meniere's disease. My phychiatrist says that this aural pressure is a form of somatized stress. The only way to feel better is to do some reiki, until the symptom vanishes.

Your answer is an upper cervical chirpractor. I had the same symptoms of cerebrospinal fluid in my brain and after five treatments it is gone. THis is an extremely specialized field of chiropractors.

I was diagnosed with tonsillitis, and an ear infection in my left ear three weeks ago. She said she couldn't see my ear drum at all.. so she put me on amoxicillin, and after a couple days, my ear popped and fluid came out, and then it felt fine. Then today, it started bothering me again... I tried home remedies to make it pop but nothings happening... I was in the E.R. tonight, and he said it just looks like there's some fluid in it but no big deal.. my ear is a little numb too which is worrying me... I told him that as well, and he kind of shrugged it off and said it's probably just nerves...??? I was wondering if anyone has experienced this too??