On friday the 31st of March, I went four wheeling. Me and my husband were on a quad, and traveling about 30 miles per hour, when I went up a small incline, but on the other side, it was a three foot drop. When the front of the quad hit the ground, it caused me to lunge forward and I hit my chest on the handlebars. It knocked the wind out of me, and ever since then I have had intense pain in between my breasts. It hurts for me to lift my left arm, sneeze, cough, hiccup, hold my toddler etc. Is there a chance I cracked my ribs? thanks Steph

I think it would be best if you saw a doctor and had physical exam done and an x-rays to determine if you broke a rib/s or maybe even sternum.
Some of the symptoms that could be indicating rib injury are pain at the injury site, pain when you breathe, cough, sneeze or laugh, rib cage muscle spasm, breathing difficulties, grinding sound when you touch or move the injured place, etc. Of course, not all of the symptoms must be present.
Symptoms that would indicate a soft tissue injury would be bruising from rupturing blood vessels, straining of the intercostal muscles-they allow ribcage to go up and down and costochondral separation, which would indicate that a rib has separated from the sternum.
I would want to know if any of these injuries occurred, so that I could know how to act. As ribs can’t be put into cast, you should at least limit your activities, rest, apply icepacks to reduce the inflammation, or take some pain meds to get rid of the pain.
The healing of wither broken rib or sternum may last for 4-6 weeks or maybe longer if the rib has detached from the sternum.