My boss keeps trying to tell me that you can't dislocate your ribs? please let me know asap if you can because i think i may have dislocated one of my ribs coz im in alot of pain in my chest and if im lying down i can't sit up without someone helping me. Should I get it checked out ?

Thanks.
%-) :-(

You could have dislocated them from eigther your sternum or your back you should get an x-ray to truely see if they are dislocated

Yes you can, first of all your boss is a jerk and doesn't care about his employees. 2nd, only a doctor can diagnose something so he had no business telling you if something is possible or not possible.

What are the symptoms of a rib dislocation?

There are many conditions that cause severe pain starting in the chest and radiating to the back. The difference with a rib dislocation is you should be able to identify it with an "incident." This could involve being hit or having someone fall on you.

The major symptom is terrible pain. It will be hard to breathe (inhale) and it will be hard to move. The pain will become an annoying and unrelenting dull ache. It will involve your chest and back. One of the most annoying things about a rib dislocation is that there is no comfortable position to achieve without discomfort.

Usually there are visible signs of the rib dislocation . There will be bruising, swelling and perhaps even a lump or other type of deformity. It might feel like nothing is working in the general area of the rib dislocation.

dislocated a rib about a week ago...2 days ago while trying to get comfy in bed it popped back into place...dr said he could put it back in place but that it would be pretty painful so glad it worked out like it did