How do you know if you have a cracked rib?

i got kicked in the ribs 3 times and i dont know if i cracked them or they are just bruised it hurts to cough snezze or bend down even and if they are cracked do i just rap them up or what
:-(

cracked ribs take about 6-8 weeks to heal. you dont have to wrap it but if you do dont wrap it to tight and you must take it off about once an hour so you can breathe properly.

Hey there,

The most common symptom of cracked rib which you hardly can't but notice is very sharp chest pain that gets worse when you move, try to bend or even when you breathe. If you think that you have cracked rib because of the recent injury, you really might want to see a doctor who will take an x ray to make sure that rib hasn't injured any of the internal organs.

But, there isn't much else that you can do except rest to minimize the pain and speed up the recovery and maybe take some pain killers to ease the pain because rib will heal on its own for about six to eight weeks. Still, better to make sure that the rib is cracked and that there is no potential damage to the lungs.

getting out of the bath on saturday ( i have a replacement knee & can,t bend it right back) i was just getting out & then i slipped crashing on to the bath enamel on my right side --i was in so much pain to the right hand side of my upper body. I have trouble now breathing (when i take a DEEP BREATH IT HURTS) SLEEPING IS WORSE if i change sides from left to right i get a pain in my ribs if one is pinging out ( quite frightening)_