Hi, folks. I was wondering if sarcoidosis can be associated with crohn’s disease. Maybe this sounds strange to you, but my cousin has been suffering from crohn’s for years, but lately he has been experiencing some problems with lungs and doctor suspects on sarcoidosis. I would appreciate if someone could clarify me this.

Hi, there. I must admit that association between these two entities is interesting. Maybe it has sense. Both of the diseases have granulomatous inflammation. I guess autoimmune processes are blaimed. It surprises me that medications, that your cousin used for crohn’s, didn’t help in prevention of sarcoidosis. I guess some other factors played role here. I am sorry I cannot give you more info. At the end, I am not a doctor. Bye!

In any case, thank you for answering to my post. Your post has logic. I am not sure if my cousin was disciplined with his treatment of crohn’s disease. In any case, I will recommend him visiting his doctor. Both of these diseases are serious and couldn’t be left untreated. It goes for each disease, let alone when they appear associated.

I was diagnosed with crohns in 2000 and have just been diagnosed with sarcoidosis in 2012. I believe they are different expressions of the same disease. Curious for an update on your cousin if you see this.

No doubt they are connected if not one in the same..A new study done by

some German doctors found a gene that was the same in over 340 Sarc patients (a cluster)..The gene is the same in Crohn's.