My wife has been diagnosed with crohn’s disease. We have no children yet, but we were planning to. However, this disease is something that surprised us. She manages to coup the disease with medications. However, we don’t know if this affects her fertility. What do you think about this?

Hi. There is no evidence that Crohn’s disease in remission can impair one’s fertility. Remission means that there are no symptoms, but the disease exists. Even medications that are used here are not proven to have teratogenic effects. It means that they cannot harm foetus. It is advised for women with Crohn’s disease to conceive in the period when their illness is in remission. I think you should discuss this with your wife’s gastroenterologist and gynaecologist. This needs team approach. Good luck with all! Bye!