Can anyone tell me if constipation is a common side effect of crohn’s disease? I know diarrhoea is one of the symptoms, but is it also possible that the opposite happens to someone who has been diagnosed with crohn’s disease? I would appreciate any thoughts on the matter. Thank you in advance for any replies.

I have to say that this is the very first time that I hear about something like that. To be honest, I think that loose stools and even bloody stools are closely linked to crohn's disease, but constipation is not something that can be caused by crohn's disease. Some people with crohn's disease have to use the rest room up to 20 times a day! That doesn't sound very constipated, right?

Constipation could be one of the symptoms for crohn's disease. Although this disease is a chronic conditions, sufferers can manage and control their symptoms. Indeed, some researchers are convinced that people can eliminate their symptoms. Many sufferers attest to the benefits of a regular raw food diet and water fasts.
Changing your diet can make a big difference in the occurrence of unpleasant symptoms. In fact, sufferers who tried a raw food diet, as well as water and juice fasts, noticed a gradual improvement in their health. Eventually, individuals who followed this plan found themselves to be symptom-free and experiencing good health and a sense of well-being.

hi my son is 7 years old we have been battling with constipation for a long time with no medications working any. we are admitted into Children's Hospital of Birmingham, Alabama every month for a clean out which consists of 2 of the jugs of Golytlty given via a NG tube. this is very painful for my son. If u know of any other treatments please let me know

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Sorry but forgot to mention we were diagnosed with Crohn's Disease today from a colonscopy about two weeks ago. I have even sought an herbalist for advise anything is better than what is happening now.