I know something about crohn’s disease. However, there is something else that intrigues me. I was wondering if this disease can be manifested with haemorrhoids. As far as I know, those are two different entities, so I would like to know if they can be linked in any way. Thanks for answering.

Hello. I wouldn’t say that there is link between Crohn’s disease and haemorrhoids. The cause is different. Crohn’s disease is an inflammatory bowel disease. It is also a form of autoimmune disease. Haemorrhoids represent wide blood vessels in rectum and anus. I guess they can coexist. Then again, I am not an expert. Maybe I am wrong. You should discuss this with someone who knows this field better. Good luck!

Hello there chandler242,

As allard1034 has already told you it is possible that these two conditions coexist but only if the Crohn’s disease was diagnosed first and then by some complications it has one of the side effects such as hemorrhoids.

If you have problems with hemorrhoids you need to consult your doctor to get rid of them effectively because by time they can cause you some serious pain and uncomfortable feeling. And considering Crohn’s disease, this is autoimmune disorder which unfortunately can’t be cured. Medications and treatment are focused on reliving the symptoms of this condition and they are really helpful.

I hope that this was helpful to you and that you were just curious.