I read somewhere that any link between crohn’s disease and thyroid disorders has been ruled out. Interestingly enough, my doctor told me That those with crohn’s disease are more likely to also suffer from thyroid disorders. Isn’t that extremely contradictory? If you think it isn’t, please explain me how that is. And if it is, then who is wrong – my doctor or the newspaper article I read?

There have been a couple of recent studies on this very subject. Both have concluded that there is no link between crohn's disease and thyroid disorders. It was also concluded that suffering from thyroid disorder as well as crohn's disease does not increase a patient's risk of fractures. I hope that answers your question?

Hello there ragnar788,

Lately I have been reading tons of articles related to health and the facts they have been mentioning as proven ones were just guessing so I stop reading those articles. I believe that the same thing has happened in your case because after all your doctor is an medical expert and he has obligation to know what is going on the field of the medicine and especially if he is specialist for Crohn’s or Thyroid issues.

And is there some particular reason why you want to know if there is link between these two conditions? I hope that no one in your surroundings is suffering from one of these conditions and that you are just a little bit curios.

i have both and u can bet ur ass there linked