Hello. My friend has been diagnosed with crohn’s disease. I have heard that usual symptoms are abdominal pain and diarrhoea. However, his dominant symptom is vomiting. I would like to know something more about this. What can it mean? I would appreciate all your replies. Thanks for all your replies considering this topic.

Hi, there. Crohn’s disease is an inflammatory granulomatous disease that affects the wall of digestive tube. In most cases it affects bowels. Therefore, common symptoms are abdominal pain and diarrhoea. However, sometimes it can affect upper parts of digestive tube. In those cases it affects stomach or small intestine. In those cases vomiting is more common. I guess this is your friend’s case. He should consult a specialist. I hope this helps. Bye!

Hello there joshuah901,

As thedrick699 has already said it is possible to have vomiting as symptoms of crohn’s disease. Of course symptoms usually depend on the severity of the disease. Your friend should consult his/hers doctor regarding this. Because of some additional complications it is possible that he or she will need to change medications which are prescribed.

Unfortunately this is autoimmune condition and there is no cure. Medications are treating symptoms of the condition and they are in charge to relieve the pain and some other unpleasant signs such as diarrhea and boils which are pretty common when it comes to this condition.

I hope that your friend will resolve problem with vomiting soon.