My neighbour has been suffering from crohn’s disease for years. Lately, she has been experiencing some neurological complications. I was wondering if his seizures could be caused by this disease or if it is something else. I would really appreciate all your replies considering this. Thank you for replying to my post.

Hi, there. Neurological complications in Crohn’s disease are something that can be expected. In almost 15% of patients with Crohn’s disease, there is some form of neurological complication. The most common are seizures. There are some others like neuropathy, myopathy, stroke, etc. Headache and depression are also possible. I think in cases like this is, a neurologist should be consulted. You cannot manage it on your own. I hope everything will be all right. Bye!

Hello there rriocard940,

It is so great from you that you are caring for your neighbor! Nowadays people don’t want to hear about other people problems and not to mention helping someone with certain condition (like Crohn’s for example).

Since enos1661 has explained you all about link between Crohn’s dieasese and seizures I don’t want to repeat his words. Since this was expected I believe that your neighbor’s doctor already knows the procedure in his case. Probably he will need to visit neurologist and adjust his therapy a little bit.

Unfortunately,  Crohn’s dieasese is autoimmune disorder and as there is not known cause for most of this disorders there is no cure as well. Be supportive in the future as well.

my son has crohns disese and epilepsy what is a good diet 4 him 2 be on

sruggling

I am just reading this link for the first time. I have suffered from Crohn's for 26 years having just recently developed "seizure like" activity. The best know diet is Gluten free. Good luck