Hello, guys. My aunt has been diagnosed with crohn’s disease. She has also been suffering from hypothyroidism for years. I would like to know something more about the association of these two entities. Does this happen often? I hope someone will answer to my post. It will mean a lot to me. Bye!

Hi, there. I must admit that crohn’s disease is not so often associated with hypothyroidism. You haven’t mentioned which form of hypothyroidism your aunt has. If it is caused by autoimmune process, perhaps it can be logical that it is associated with crohn’s disease. In any case, both disorders need a serious approach. I am not sure about the details. You should consult an expert for more details. I am sorry I couldn’t help you more. Good luck! Bye!

Hi. You didn’t give me much info, but I appreciate your replying to my post. I have also thought that these two entities could be independent one from another. I was intending to talk to my aunt’s specialist. However, I wanted to gather some info before this conversation. I hope I’ll find out something more.