I read a very interesting article the other day about how symptoms similar to those of crohn’s disease can appear in people who actually suffer from colonic tuberculosis. What I am now fascinated by is the possibility that those treated for crohn’s do not actually have it, but rather go on living with colonic tuberculosis! I think this is a possibility in highly developed countries, where doctors no longer know how to recognize TB. What are your views on this?

What an interesting thing to suggest. You may be right. I have to admit to not knowing very much about crohn's disease, but as a person who has done a lot of research into vaccines and vaccine preventable disease, I do have first hand experience of how doctors forget how to diagnose diseases that they do not normally come across. Do you have any more information about this?

Yes, there are lot of articles showing similarities between intestinal TB and crohn's. It seems the immune cells of the body recognise the presence of Mycobacterium in the intestines and starts attacking its own intestines instead of the bacteria. Hence the inflammation of the intestines.