My aunt has been diagnosed with crohn’s disease. I know that this is an inflammatory disease of colon. I hear that these people suffer from lack of vitamins like B12 and folic acid. I guess some kind of diet is necessary. I would also like to know if there are any foods to avoid. I would appreciate some info.

Hi. There isn’t some special diet that helps in treatment or preventing Crohn’s disease. Patients in time see which food provokes symptoms and then avoid it. In different people those can be different food. It is usually milk, spicy food, alcohol or fiber. However, this is not the rule for everyone who suffers from this disease. You are right that these people need more some nutrients. They should have more vitamins and minerals in their diet. That is why a nutritionist should also be consulted in the treatment. I hope this helps.