My sister in law has been having some problems with eczema for months. It is located on her palms. She tried different crèmes and ointments, but nothing helped. I would like to know if this could be linked to crohn’s disease which some of our family members have. I would appreciate all your replies to my post.

Hi. I really believe when they say that skin manifests something that happens in our organism. I am not sure if there can be link between Crohn’s disease and eczema. Both are autoimmune diseases. I guess the similar mechanism is responsible for both diseases. I guess your sister in law should talk to someone who is more experienced in this field. If you can, please tell us here what she finds out. I will appreciate it. I hope she will be fine. Bye!

I have had Crohn's disease for about 9 years and about 4 years ago I developed severe eczema on my feet.  It is primarily on the outside of each foot.  Recently, I've gotten a few patches on the side of my big toe and another one smack dab in the middle of my other foot.  I have tried LOTS of things to help with the eczema.  Recently, I'm using a Curel lotion and it's working fabulously!!!  However, if I miss one day, I'm back to painful patches that crack and bleed.