I need some info about cervical disc prolapse for that is how my dad was diagnosed yesterday and now he is supposed to get some more detailed explanation these days by his doc regarding this cervical disc prolapse. Anyway it is been a while my dad has this lower back pain accompanied with his left leg pain also that is actually usually manifested in the foot and toes tingling sensation and recently he also started having moving troubles and all this was caused by this cervical disc prolapse so I would appreciate much if someone tells me something about this condition and how effective cervical disc prolapse is treatable? Thanks!

Cervical disc prolapse actually means that the disc is damaged-and it usually affects 5th or the 7th vertebras causing the spinal cord to slip out that is to prolapse in which manner the nerves are pressed and that is where this pain and foot tingling sensations comes from. I was also once diagnosed with cervical disc prolapse but I wasn't recommended no surgery treatment just a complete bed rest which I did and I was also taking some pain releasers and muscle relaxants and after a while I got recovered completely. Anyway I remember my doc saying that if the pain still persists weeks after bed recovery than there are different cervical disc prolapse treatment opt involving removing the part of the defected vertebra or disc and I think this procedure is called laminectomy and the prognosis are very positive.