I have heard that interstitial lung disease is a common term that includes more than 130 chronic lung disorders. Doctor told me when a person has interstitial lung disease the lung is affected in three ways. He told me at the beginning, the lung tissue is damaged in some known or unknown way. This made me interested into this topic so I would like to hear more. Could you give me info about this problem with interstitial lung disease?

You have to know that interstitial lung disease is huge problem, where lung tissue is damaged, as your doctor told you. Second, the walls of the air sacs in the lung become inflamed, and finally scarring begins in the interstitial tissue, so lung becomes stiff. The tissue between the air sacs of the lungs is called the interstitium, which is why we call it interstitial lung disease. This interstitial lung disease is named after this tissue because this is the tissue affected by fibrosis, which refers to a scarring. You have to know interstitial lung disease is sometimes also known as interstitial pulmonary fibrosis. The terms interstitial lung disease, pulmonary fibrosis and interstitial pulmonary fibrosis are used to describe the same disease. The course of these diseases is unpredictable, so if they progress, the lung tissue thickens and becomes stiff. The work of breathing then becomes more difficult and demanding, but some diseases improve with medication if treated when inflammation occurs. Some people may need oxygen therapy as part of their treatment for interstitial lung disease. The diseases may run a gradual course or a rapid course, which is also great problem with this disease.