Hi, in the last couple of days, my upper part of the chest has been swollen, and I have no idea what caused it. I searched for the similar symptoms on the internet, and I found some similar experiences in people who suffer from Sternocostoclavicular hyperostosis. What are the main characteristics of this disorder?

I think you should visit a doctor. Swelling of the upper chest could be serious, so don’t waste your time on self-diagnosis. Sternocostoclavicular hyperostosis is a rare disorder, benign rheumatologic syndrome characterized by distinctive bone overgrowth and soft tissue ossification of the clavicle and the anterior part of the upper ribs. It is too complicated disorder to be diagnosed by someone who is not an expert. Sternocostoclavicular hyperostosis is a slowly progressing disease, which can lead to some serious conditions, like occlusion of the subclavian veins. It also involves the sternum, clavicle and upper ribs. Sternocostoclavicular hyperostosis is characterized by a chronic sternoclavicular arthritis with a low turnover sclerosis. One of the ways for diagnosing is the radiological identification of retrosternal proliferation of soft tissue by computed tomography.