Hello! I am suffering from autoimmune disease. My doctor is suspecting that I may have lupus nephritis too. I am very concerned and afraid because of this. Next week I will do some blood tests and I want to know following: can blood test confirm lupus nephritis? I really hope you will know to tell me this. Thank you!

Hello! Diagnosing of lupus nephritis is not common procedure. Beside blood tests you will need to do urine tests, too. If you are suffering from lupus nephritis in your blood will be high levels of creatinine and urea and in urine will be found blood or protein. But, sometimes kidney biopsy is needed too.

Blood tests alone are not enough to make diagnose for lupus nephritis even though its one that is vital. Blood test for lupus is called systemic iothalamate clearance and it detects cells body produces when it is fighting an inflammation. Still, since many of the main lupus symptoms of lupus are kidney-related, like bloody or cloudy urine, there are several tests related to the kidneys.

The most common one is 24 hour urine collection monitoring in order to determine the level of kidney function, but if the other tests are inconclusive, there might even be need to do a kidney examination or kidney biopsy. Also watching for symptoms like high blood pressure, together with blood tests, helps to get the right diagnose.

no matter blood test or renal biopsy all have shortages, ECT (Emission computed tomography) is a kind of nuclear medicine instrument. It has the function of gamma imaging, mobile whole body imaging and computed tomography.as a result, i suggest you come to Funeng kidney disease hospital in china, if you have some thing you want to know more details about the diagnosis about it,

***Post is edited by moderator *** Private e-mails not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

, we will glad to help you.