My father was diagnosed with asthma. Now my daughter also has similar symptoms, such as wheezing and shortness of breath. Sometimes it’s so hard to bread to her that I am really worry. I am afraid it could be asthma too. I want to hear more about this condition. Tell me anything that may help me understand it.

Asthma is a chronic lung condition that is characterized by difficulty in breathing. People with asthma have extra sensitive or hyper responsive airways that cause symptoms of asthma. Airways react by narrowing or obstruction when something irritates them. Making a correct diagnosis is very important, because that is the only way to treat it appropriately. There is few different diagnosis of asthma. Detailed history includes family history of asthmas, allergies, hay fever and eczema. Since you have noticed symptoms of asthma, and there is family history too, you should know there are great chances of developing asthma with your child. Off course, there are more tests to confirm this diagnosis. Physical examination with listening to the lungs with a stethoscope is one of it. Chest x-ray, blood tests and sputum studies may be done too. You should do everything that is required to get right diagnosis and treat asthma appropriately.

I just want to let you know that my little brother and both of my children have asthma. This is just a little trick my mother taught me. Please dont think I am crazy when I tell you this..haha... Give you child coffee, more like coffee milk. maybe a 1/4 cup of coffee and then the rest milk and sugar. My mother gave my lil bro this several times aday. Just a FYI yes they will bouce off the walls for a little bit but it is ok to do this. Both of my children have asthma also and i believe it helps to give it to them. It wont stop an attack but just it helps open up their airways (somehow) I use the same alergist/asthma doc than my mom did and he was the one who gave us the tip. But you do need to bring him/her to a allergist/asthma doc. Hope everything goes well, good luck and GOD bless. :-)