I am a single mother raising 3 children while i deal with my own issues of depression and severe anxiety, my son has a load of his own that make life even more challenging. He has been diagnosed MDD, ODD, anxiety, ADD,and possibly Bi-Polar. He takes 75mg of Luvox , 1/2 mg of Tenex 3xday, and 1mg of risperdal on top of haveing Excema and taking Zyrtec and several ointments. My youngest daughter was premature and although physically shes fine mentally shes at different levels in areas. My oldest has always been good but lately is becoming sarcastic and distant. Twice now i have caught my son with a knife becasue a neighbor boy had made him that mad. They dont teach in parenting classes how to handle this and i know ive been to several. As long as i stay on my medicine i get through all the chaos day to day but the withdrawls from effexor make it hard to handle them. I love all my kids and each one is completely different from the other . Are there any parents that have similar issues with any ideas on how to manage kids with issues when u have so many of ur own in the way?

Wow, I am so sorry to hear that you have been dealing with so many issue at this point and it sounds like your kids are really lucky having you as a mother though. I think it might be a good idea if your oldest maybe started to see a counselor because as you know with anxiety and depression it's good to have a therapist and he might need that. You really just have to be there for your kids and I think you've been doing a good job--also, don't worry about the sarcasm. That comes with aging. ;-) Tell us how you're doing and keep us updated on your kids! What do you think about the therapy idea?