I had the Mirena IUD placed six weeks after my son was born. I noticed that my mood started to change and I was extremely emotional. I became temperamental, short tempered, and would cry all the time. After this experience I thought i was going crazy and started seeing a psychiatrist and was put on a bunch a natural supplements that didn't help. one year latter i had it removed and not even one month later i was pregnant with my last child. Has anyone else experienced anything similar to this?   

I've had the Mirena for 7 months now and like many other people my anxiety was so intense I thought I was going crazy and made an appt with a psychiastrist.. Seems like this is a commom effect for alot of woman. Now after doing some of my own research I honestly beleive my daily headaches (that i didnt have before) and pains, foggy thoughts and memory loss are all related to the Mirena. My sister has been using an IUD for 10 years thought i would be fine (lucky her). Calling tomorrow cant wait to get this thing out and start feeling normal again.

I had the Mirena put in almost six months ago and noticed that I am quick tempered, angry, tempermental and have extreme mood swings. I really don't want anymore children so I was hoping that this would be my best option. I am concerned that I will have to have it removed because I am so concerned with my behavior. Is this just a side effect that eventually passes or will this be a permanent behavior untl the Mirena is removed?

I had the mirena put in 4 weeks ago (3 kids, 14/3/1 & married). About a week in, I started having an overwhelming sense of anxiety and nervousness throughout my body. I felt like my blood was rushing through and I had this helpless feeling inside my chest. I felt like my body was rigid and I was nonstop on the go and couldn't rest. My legs were crampy and my mind was racing. I also completely lost my appetite and lost 5 lbs in a month (135-130lbs). These feelings was so pronounced and all of a sudden that I knew it was the mirena. I was yelling, irrational and completely feeling CRAZY, sad & depressed, like a loss of self. NOTE: I DO HAVE HYPOTHYROIDISM and have been taking meds daily for 14 yrs. I'm GUESSING the hormones in Mirena didn't mix well with my thyroid condition.... and pushed my condition to hyper... ? One night, the last night having the Mirena, I went to bed and I had this intense anxiety feeling and couldn't breathe, or collect my mind together to calm my body. I didn't know what to do but realized it was a panic attack. During this episode, I actually decided to take my Mirena out MYSELF. I was feeling out of control and CRAZY. I was able to control my breath and find some sort of reality within 30 minutes. I couldn't accept this awful feeling anymore. It came out like a tampon. Easy. I did this last night and am hoping this intense anxiety will go away! I am hopeful as I only had it in for a month.