Hello. I am a 42 years old man and I have a son who can't stop blinking. At first, I was telling him to stop, but after a while, I realized that he can not help it. I am taking this matter as serious, and we will go to the doctor one of these days. How are the involuntary movements in children treated?

In order to make your son stop blinking, he should first want to stop. That is the essential key. It first starts as a habit, but over time, it stops being voluntary and starts happening on its own. And it may not be only physical disorder. It may indicate that your son has some problems that he doesn't know how to handle. Because of this, he should probably visit a psychologist. Wish you all the best.

Hi there,
The thing that he is having problems with involuntary blinking is pointing out that this is a tic. You have to understand that this condition is not rare and many people have problems with tics. These are involuntary muscle spasms that you cannot control and they can occur anywhere on the body. If I am not mistaking this specific twitching of his eyelids is called Blepharospasm. This refers to the muscles of one or both eyelids twitching uncontrollably. The good fact is that most ticks resolve themselves on their own so there is no need for any treatment. However there are few therapies that might help as well. I hope this helped in any way.
Best wishes,
Marco