Hello, folks. My husband and I are planning a divorce. The only thing that concerns us is our two beautiful kids. We wouldn't like them to suffer. I wonder what mental health for children of separating parents is. I would appreciate if anyone could answer me. Thanks for all your help.

Hi. It is good that both you and your husband are aware that divorce influence on children. In that way you can help them more. You haven't mentioned the age of your kids. If they are older, try to explain them that you and your husband are not functioning any more. If they are younger, it will be more difficult to explain them. Many kids have mixed feelings about this. They don't want their parents to divorce. In any case, whoever stays with children, the other one shouldn't neglect them. The other parent must stay in touch with them. Otherwise, there could be some problems like separation psychological disorder. If you find it necessary, you can even consult an expert.